FCS week 39!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FCS week 39!!

Well with bow season starting in Texas this weekend how about first shot of the day with a broadhead at 17yds at a silver dollar sized dot. One shot per day for 3 days closest to the center of the dot wins. Just quit raining here. Hopefully my tape dot will last!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my first shot of the week! 1 1/2". While we're at it tell us about your hunting setup! I'm shooting the same 500 gold tip traditional shafts with 75gr weighted inserts and 125gr 2 blade Magnus stingers! Arrows were set up by Rocky on here and Broadheads were suggested by Buff. I'm not one to argue with either of them! Arrows were originally made for my 45lb Samick Sage but seem to shoot just fine out my 61# Bob Lee signature series elite so that's what I'm flinging at em!!!

Comment

Nice shot, Slew! Dead piggy.

To quote the farmer in the movie "Babe":
      "That'll do, Pig."

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

I’m not questioning, because you have been shooting very well from what I’ve seen on here, but if that arrow was correct for a 45# bow, it is virtually impossible for it to also be correct for a 61# bow! As well as you seem to be shooting, I would be doing some sort of tuning to verify that arrow as being well tuned!!!

JMHO!!!!

Carry on!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Id give my left teste if I could tune to a 125 broadhead. Mo readily available and I just happened upon a mess of them. Ive tried...repeatedly...with various bows...and finger releases.

Im gonna see Bob tomorrow for the yukon longbow tip ... meanwhile ... exercising a 1970’s 50# Bear 52” Kodiak Magnum. It sings with its new string.

Carrying on Boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              I’m not questioning, because you have been shooting very well from what I’ve seen on here, but if that arrow was correct for a 45# bow, it is virtually impossible for it to also be correct for a 61# bow! As well as you seem to be shooting, I would be doing some sort of tuning to verify that arrow as being well tuned!!!

JMHO!!!!

Carry on!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Buff said I would need new arrows or different weight inserts but I haven't messed with it yet. I can tell the arrows wobbles some when I shoot my white fletchings but they seem to end up in the same place.

Comment

Slew...On my defunct longbow...I bareshaft 600 centershot shafts with 75gr inserts and went from every point weight from 250gr points to 125gr just to see what would happen. I was astonishingly accurate out to 15yds with the 125s but they flew and impacted sideways...ish.

Comment

Today wasn't any closer than yesterday so I didn't bother measuring! Fixing to mow grass so I will be lucky if my tape dot holds up!

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                    Nice shot, Slew! Dead piggy.

To quote the farmer in the movie "Babe":
                    "That'll do, Pig."
                    It's a Javi...

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                      It's a Javi...
                      I'm aware.

But there's no movie about a cute little talking javelina.

Comment

Here's my Day 1: about 2-1/2"

One thing I need is a new block target!

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure about size of silver dollar. I just grabbed some tape.

1 5/8" here. Your lead is safe today Slew!

Regarding my setup:
                          - 64" 64lb @ 33" Toelke SS recurve.
                          - Easton Axis 5mm in .260 spine, 34", 3 fletch (4" shields)
                          - 300 grain 1 1/4" cut VPA 3 blades, and 75 grain HIT inserts, arrow weight ~800 gr.

Comment

Good shooting Trumpkin!! I'm pretty new to this traditional thing which is the main reason I asked about setups! I called the fellow today that did my last arrows and his contact at Gold Tip that told him what to do for my last ones isn't there anymore. So now I gotta find a new recurve arrow guy! Boo. As for the size of the dot you did the same thing I did! I thought I had some orange sight in dots in my closet somewhere and couldn't find em so I tore off a piece of yellow and black striped duct tape my wife had leftover from a party! Shot a couple shots at the pig later on after my first shot and one was touching the tape but that's not one that counts!! I feel way more confident this year than last but that could change a lot after the first critter I toss a pointy stick at!!

Comment

Forgot hunting rig specs: 70-lb Jay Weathers takedown recurve (prolly about 65-68 at my drawlength); arrows are 680-grain 400 spine Warrior carbons, with total of 400 grains up front (225-grain single bevel Tuffhead, 75-grain screw-in adapter, with 100-grain brass insert) for about 27% FOC.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X