• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ATTACH]930291[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]930292[/ATTACH]

Backyard Bucks...Comal County.

Sorry for the sideways.....

Comment

Typically deer around the New Braunfels area, will not have as heavy of bodies as a typical south Texas buck. The racks are typically not as heavy, they may have width and height, but typically not heavy racks. That's typically, but you can find some areas, where the bucks will surprise you.
      Years ago, we hunted on a ranch just outside of Boerne. My buddy killed a 9 point, that scored 144 net. Later one of my sisters killed a 8 point, that had a 21 3/4" spread. Then a few weeks later she killed a 11 point, with a 19 1/2" spread. Those deer were kind of a surprise. Then I found a huge buck on two occasions. That deer had to have around a 23" spread, 12 point, surprisingly heavy rack, tines around 12" long. That buck, looked like a very nice south Texas buck, had a pretty heavy body also, I would guess, around 180 lb.

Of the pictures I posted. The first buck, is one I killed about seven miles from New Braunfels in Guadalupe Co.
      The second buck, is of a buck that we used to see at my mother's place off of 306 about five miles out of Gruene. There was a larger buck, but I never could get pictures of him.

The third picture is of a buck I saw one evening going home, when we lived in New Braunfels, I saw that buck from Landa St.

The last buck along the rail road tracks, is another buck I saw while driving along Landa St. in New Braunfels. I used to see a really nice buck near down town New Braunfels and a few other areas. Always saw him at night. I finally figured out, he was following the rail road tracks into town, during the rut and would chase doe in town, at night during the rut. I almost hit that buck one night, on the plaza side of the tracks that cross Landa St., near where they have Wurst Fest every year.

Basically there are some pretty decent bucks, to some very nice bucks. But like I said, typically if they have the height and width of a good south Texas buck, the rack is usually not a heavy.
      Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 01-20-2019, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Yeah I hunt off right off the lake kinda by the dam. I've seen nice bucks in town for sure. Thanks so much for the info so sure I just aim to shot deer that I like the racks and also doing some culling and not be so worried about he body size? Looking for just an older instead and let go bidy size not be an issue?

Comment

Working...
        X