Lightweight SS Singletree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightweight SS Singletree

My project today. Lightweight 100% stainless (even the chain) singletree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice. Question though...Why the Chains? I've always liked how the single trees keep the rear legs spread out making it easier to work with. I'm just curious as your reasons may prompt me to rethink my choice.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
        Nice. Question though...Why the Chains? I've always liked how the single trees keep the rear legs spread out making it easier to work with. I'm just curious as your reasons may prompt me to rethink my choice.
        Canny,

For deer, the S-hooks will be in the very top available link of each chain to hold the legs wide and in place. We do a lot of hog hunting, so I added the longer chains so I can easily skin smaller hogs who's legs wont open as wide as a deer. Nothing tastier than a 40-50 pound shoat, but I hate skinning them on a tailgate.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
          Canny,

For deer, the S-hooks will be in the very top available link of each chain to hold the legs wide and in place. We do a lot of hog hunting, so I added the longer chains so I can easily skin smaller hogs who's legs wont open as wide as a deer. Nothing tastier than a 40-50 pound shoat, but I hate skinning them on a tailgate.
          I see your logic and I can definitely see the advantage. Thanks, I may have to re-think my idea. Normally I use 2 single trees, one for does and one for bucks as the larger tree can be hard to get in the does legs. I may have to look into doing one of these for that purpose.

Comment

Working...
          X