2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
    So if you get drawn for a hunt through TPWD, do you have to have any sort of Public Hunting Permit? I have never hunted Public land in Texas. Thanks in advance.

Yes. Need to have your Annual Public Hunt permit. $48.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
      Yes. Need to have your Annual Public Hunt permit. $48.

Thank You

Comment

So if you get drawn for a hunt through TPWD, do you have to have any sort of Public Hunting Permit? I have never hunted Public land in Texas. Thanks in advance.

I think I had to buy the Public Land Hunting permit before I could even enter in the drawings.

Comment

[QUOTE=travisn321;13708320]I think I had to buy the Public Land Hunting permit before I could even enter in the drawings.

You don't need the aph for a drawn hunt unless it was one of the ones that you had to purchase before you were able to apply. Clear as mud I know.

Comment

No sir not unless it states that you need one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The info they sent out states

"Hunters are reminded that they must have a valid Texas Hunting License and any required stamp as required by statute."

Was unclear what the required stamp as required by statute was.

Comment

The info they sent out states

"Hunters are reminded that they must have a valid Texas Hunting License and any required stamp as required by statute."

Was unclear what the required stamp as required by statute was.
                I got chosen for government canyon in December and it stated clearly I had to have my archery endorsement in addition to hunting license. I'm wondering if that what they mean by stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                  I got chosen for government canyon in December and it stated clearly I had to have my archery endorsement in addition to hunting license. I'm wondering if that what they mean by stamp.
                  This is a rifle hunt. I don't know. I guess I will just have to call them before hand. I appreciate it though.

Comment

All you need is an ID, license and printed permit for rifle hunts. But, i do always call well in advance and get their input on the area, game and accommodations. It helped me out several times over the years.

Comment

This is a rifle hunt. I don't know. I guess I will just have to call them before hand. I appreciate it though.

Yeah my fault. 80% of the hunts I entered were archery and required the APH and Archery endorsement. Looks like there are some that don't require it. Double check your hunt details. What hunt did you draw?

Comment

Yeah my fault. 80% of the hunts I entered were archery and required the APH and Archery endorsement. Looks like there are some that don't require it. Double check your hunt details. What hunt did you draw?

Late to the party but I drew James Daughtrey Archery in Jan so will I need these?

Comment

2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          Late to the party but I drew James Daughtrey Archery in Jan so will I need these?

Had to double check but that's a WMA so yes for e-postcard.

Comment

Well I can stop complaining now, I got E-postcard hog at Copper Breaks SP. 1 of 2 permits. Slugs from shotguns only, so I guess I need to buy a slug barrel.

Is the person with the other permit on here by chance?

Comment

0 for 16 this year. Just more loyalty points.

Comment

Thanks for all the help. Brazos Bend State Park.

Comment

Working...
                                X