Pay pal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay pal question

I am selling my side by side and got a text from an interested party. Seemed legit, as in, it wasnt hey i need to email you or hey im at an army base etc. now they asked if i have a pay pal account to receive payment. Im not real familiar with pay pal. Is this a “normal” means of making a transaction of this nature? I think i have a pay pal from years ago when i bought things on ebay but i have to check. Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just communicate with the buyer and tell him the funds have to clear your account before you can come pick up the side by side. Easy peasy PayPal is good be sure and tell him to make it as a gift or cover the percentages.

Comment

I use PayPal ALL the time to transact business. I use it especially on longer distance transactions so a seller can get their money ASAP and have it verified in their bank account so they can trust I'm legit.
      That said, there's always some kind of scammer out there making it harder to trust people.

Comment

PayPal now does instant transfers if you have an ATM card. It cost $.25 to transfer the money instantly. Once the money is in your account ship it out. Just don’t ship before you have money in your account

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you have a Chase bank account ? Buyer can send you funds via Zelle as it’s very simple.

I have a PP account yet prefer quick pay via Zelle

Comment

I use PayPal all the time to buy and sell stuff online. Most of my transactions are in the $100s, not $1000s though.

Comment

PayPal is fine but do not allow them to do as a gift. That will not be covered for fraud, etc.

Comment

For sure a normal way to make a transaction. Just get the money before you give him the keys. Also, if you do the Friends/Family gift thing, you have no recourse with PayPal if something goes squirrely. You can always tell him what you want to net and ask him to pay the PayPal fees since he's the one that wants to use it.

Comment

I had the same thing 2 weeks ago, it was scammers.

Comment

I wouldn't do it for something that large. Using the gift option, you have no recourse. Using the other option where it charges fees, the buyer can say it was significantly not as described and can file a dispute. I shipped a $500 camera lens to Florida one time, they had it for a week, said it came broken, filed a dispute, I had to refund plus shipping back and got back a broken lens... won't use it again as a seller.

Comment

Sounds like a scam to me!!! Be careful.

Skinny

Comment

If he's wanting to PayPal you site unseen it's a scam especially if he wants it shipped, only way I'd somewhat trust that is thru eBay and PayPal type of deal, if you listed it on Craigslist or something like that and he saw it then its a scam. Otherwise take the risk run it thru goods and services send him a invoice thru PayPal then after you get the money let it clear then pull it from your account to your bank

Comment

Using the gift option, the OP as the seller will hold all the cards. The BUYER would have no recourse. If you use PayPal and they won’t send it Friends and Family then make sure to account for the fees PayPal is going to charge.

I’m curious what fraud the OP could see as the seller using friends and family payment in this scenario? If I was him, I think I would want it as Friends and Family so the buyer couldn’t claim damage on me and file a dispute.

But, a cashiers check would be preferable! Lol
                          Last edited by 12RingKing; 07-21-2018, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                            Sounds like a scam to me!!! Be careful.

Skinny
                            I can't tell from your avatar picture, but...is your tongue in your cheek there?

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                              Using the gift option, the OP as the seller will hold all the cards. The BUYER would have no recourse. If you use PayPal and they won’t send it Friends and Family then make sure to account for the fees PayPal is going to charge.

I’m curious what fraud the OP could see as the seller using friends and family payment in this scenario? If I was him, I think I would want it as Friends and Family so the buyer couldn’t claim damage on me and file a dispute.

But, a cashiers check would be preferable! Lol
                              Even cashier's checks can be fraudulent these days. These low life thieves think of all kinds of ways to scam people these days. Seller beware.

Comment

Working...
                              X