No announcement yet.

Text vs Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can agree with some of the comments about spelling. When my sister texts me I often need a translator. I ask her all the time if she proof reads her texts before she hits send and she insists she does. But I don't believe it for a second. The problem is she is also a low-talker so if she calls me I can't understand that either haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
      I used to not like texting but prefer it now. I am pretty hard at hearing and I can always get things right when texting. If some one gives me instructions, measurements, directions, times or prices, I have it in writing so later on, I can back up what I am doing with what they said in the texts that they sent. If I'm on a ladder and holding some thing in place and get a call or in a meeting and get a call, it is disrupting to try and answer it but a text is right there waiting and I can answer it when I get the chance. Also when I get a text, it gives me time to think my answer over before I answer back.
      Yep. Im almost always doing something. And quite frankly, stopping to talk irritates me. Texting allows me to reply when I have a free moment.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
        Another plus for text is being able to go back if you forget what was discussed. I do that with work stuff a lot so I don’t mess it up after I’ve talked to several different people through the day
        Yeppers. My memory is horrible. Too many years cutting nickle based alloys. Texting allows me to go back and see what I need to know/do/be etc.

Comment

You can make calls with a phone?

Comment

I'd much rather text than call but it depends on what it is about or what I am doing.

I do believe it is important to leave a VM if you call someone and they don't answer.

Comment

I’m a year older than you, 57. If you are as deaf as I am, a lot of times texting is a waaaaay better means if communicating!!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This pretty much sums it up. Not my son, but some days I think it could be.

Dad: Tries calling son with no answer
                Son: Immediate text from son "what's up?"
                Dad: Were you on the phone?
                Son: No.
                Dad: Were you talking to someone?
                Son: No
                Dad: Were you somewhere you couldn't answer?
                Son: No
                Dad: Then WHY didn't you answer the phone?
                Son: Nobody talks anymore Dad
                Dad: Call me RIGHT NOW or I'm taking your phone away

Comment

IF you dont need an immediate reply or return TXT, TXT me.. ill get to it when i get to it.

If you add me to a group txt, you get blocked.

I don't answer my phone much either though... so good luck there.

I dont do voicemail..if you're stupid enough to talk to a recorder on purpose and think someone is going play it back to themselves at a later date... by all means.. talk ..but know ..you would have had a better chance of a response by talking to the toaster.

I do, unfortunately, spend a ton of hours in email.

TBH PM's go to email btw. so theres that.
                  Last edited by systemnt; 05-30-2018, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                    More than two texts, and your phone will be ringing.

Hate long text messages almost as much as I dislike group texts.....
                    This for me too. I have a 14/16yo. My observations are that we are increasingly losing what it means to be involved in face to face human interaction with each generation. This is just my belief and many will disagree, but the cell phone and all that comes with it will have a serious (negative) lasting impact on human beings, the human psyche, and society down the road. We are already hearing about studies that show a real emergence of cell phone/social media addiction, changes in the human brain with overuse of cell phones/social media, and things like that. I absolutely believe all of that is happening and will continue to happen to our detriment.

Comment

Texting is the way to go 90% of the time. Instantly get in touch with someone without interrupting them. You have a written record of what’s said. You can take time to think about what you’re saying in reply. No need for voicemails. The list goes on...

Calling is for long, leisurely talks with family.

I understand being annoyed with group texts, but why do folks mind long text messages? I would rather read a long text when it’s convenient for me than get stuck in a long phone conversation when it’s not...

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                        If someone is calling me, somebody better be dying

Lmao! I hate when my phone rings!!!! [emoji23]

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          If someone is calling me, somebody better be dying
                          Yup. I broke my wife of that early in our marriage. Don't call me at work unless someone died. I'll trade text instead.

Comment

Dad.
                            Dad, I need a favor.
                            Dad.
                            Dad I really need a favor.

Me after pulling over to the side of the road.
                            I was driving, if you need something just call me.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
                              At 56 your old.
                              I am 49 so Im still young
                              Really depends on who it is..... some folks id rather text, others like family and like 2 buddy's I want to talk to. Everyone else should text me.
                              Nah.....he aint old....you can tell an old guy when he has his phone set to speaker and he still holds it to his ear having a conversation with the Dr.'s office while in line at the post office!!! I seen that the other day. Everybody was cracking up!

Comment

My 19 year old daughter is actually quicker to call when we are texting back and forth, than I am.

Comment

Working...
                                X