I was robbed today..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was robbed today..

I cut a big limb off my live oak over the weekend and saved about 12 nice size pieces to cure and burn this winter. I would estimate the woods value to be about 20-30 bucks. I base this on what I see WalMart and Kroger charging...heck, it may have been 30-40 bucks as their “pine” firewood is stupid expensive.

Anyways, I left the wood on the curb to get and move later today. As I was sitting in my home office, I watched a woman in her 60s pick up every piece and put in the trunk of her Altima. I thought about saying something to her, but I let it go...she really seemed to want it. It’s the first time I’ve ever been robbed and really didn’t care as I’ve got 55 acres of red and white oak. I’m still giggling about it as she was hustling that firewood.

It’s the offseaseason, whatdidyallexpect?
    Last edited by Shinesintx; 05-21-2018, 01:47 PM.

That’s mighty nice of you. Maybe she needed it.

Comment

Hell, at that point I think I would have walked out helped her rob me.

Comment

Anything on the curb is fare game in my neighborhood. funny

Comment

Originally posted by jefandaward View Post
          That’s mighty nice of you. Maybe she needed it.
          I didnt have the heart to tell her no. I’ve got more than I need, just found it humorous. Now that I think about it, I should have helped her...but didn’t wanna embarrass her? She prolly thought I wanted it gone.

Comment

Well it’s common knowledge that anything by the curb = free.

Comment

Glad no one was injured. You really should have helped her. She could have hurt her back

Comment

Anything left on the curb is free.

In my mom's neighborhood people regularly put cut down wood on the curb hoping someone will take it...which usually means I get to drive over there and haul it for her.

Conversely, she's put all sorts of junk on her curb like cracked toilet bowls, old furniture, useless electronics, broken fishing poles, and they magically disappear in about 8 hours. Everyone wins.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                  Anything left on the curb is free.

In my mom's neighborhood people regularly put cut down wood on the curb hoping someone will take it...which usually means I get to drive over there and haul it for her.

Conversely, she's put all sorts of junk on her curb like cracked toilet bowls, useless electronics, broken fishing poles, and they magically disappear in about 8 hours. Everyone wins.
                  You’re probably right, but my neighborhood has rear entry garages. Usually if someone doesn’t want something, they will put it in the alley...I do it all the time and stuff magically disappears. I love it! Never thought about the front yard curb. Next time, I’ll keep it closer to the house.

Comment

By the curb = please take me it’s yours.

Did she look nervous while pilfering?

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                      You’re probably right, but my neighborhood has rear entry garages. Usually if someone doesn’t want something, they will put it in the alley...I do it all the time and stuff magically disappears. I love it! Never thought about the front yard curb. Next time, I’ll keep it closer to the house.
                      Yep. Once it's passed the sidewalk, game on.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                        By the curb = please take me it’s yours.

Did she look nervous while pilfering?
                        She didn’t seem nervous, but I’ve never ever seen an elderly woman move that quickly. Some of the logs were 12x18 and were not dry.

Comment

You owe the nice lady an apology for falsely accusing her of “robbery” when she was clearly doing you a favor.

Comment

Thats just theft. Robbery is taken by force or threat of violence.

Comment

I went by my dad’s one day and he had put two truck tires mounted in rims out front in his yard. I asked why the tires were out front and he said he put them out there for anybody that could use them. He said they have been out there a couple weeks. I moved them to the curb and went back inside. When I left they were gone. I told him the unwritten rule was in the yard was stealing on the curb free for the taking. Makes since most folks will think it’s out there for garbage pick up.

Comment

Working...
                              X