What an awesome tribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What an awesome tribute

A highschool buddy's step dad Bob passed away today. I knew Bob for the better part of 40 years. He was a great man, soldier and an even better father.

My buddy Mike wrote down some of his feelings about his loss. It was touching. What was even more moving was what happened when they took Bob's body away from the nursing home.

Please read on. I think we need more of this and less rioting in the streets.

A slow steady salute Bob Snow.

God Speed

Today was a very hard day, but full of blessings. We said goodbye to my step father who has been so much more to our family than I can begin to express. I was blessed to have a great relationship with both my dads, but there is no doubt that Bob Snow has left his legacy through both his biological family as well as Randy and I. He demonstrated how to be a man of character, a man of passion, a person who's word was their bond, a person who stood up for their beliefs and most of all, he taught us how to WORK and provide for our loved ones.

I wanted to share our experience today,,,

After three years of battling with Alzheimer's, Bob finally gave in today and is now at peace in God's hands. He was a resident at Watkins-Logins Veterans Home in Tyler. We knew from day one that it was a special place, but did not have a full understanding until this week of just how special the people are that care for our loved ones. We saw so many nurses and aids share their hearts with us this week. It was clear that they had really grown to love Papa as their own. I saw so many kiss him, tell him how much they loved him and then leave the room in tears. Words can't express our appreciation for the special caregivers who love our seniors.

After Bobs passing when they were taking him to the funeral home the most special thing happened. His body was covered with the flag that he served for twenty years. As they rolled him from his room, all the other residents and the entire staff lined the halls as taps was broadcasted over the campus PA system. The vets stood in salute as best as their tired bodies would allow. Once outside, he was loaded in the van by fellow veterans and as the van left, they passed through the campus as we witnessed the residents from each cottage stand along the street and salute their brother with the traditional taps music being broadcast for all to hear. I have never witnessed so much love and just wanted to share this story with my friends and loved ones.
    If you ever need help caring for a loved one who is a veteran, you really need to check this place out. It is unlike anything I've ever seen.
    we will share the obituary when complete with information about the service to honor Bob.
    On behalf of our entire family we want to thank our many friends who have supported us through my parents struggles. It has been a difficult year, but please rejoice with us for the legacy that we are now charged with to continue,,,

Mike

Wow, what a tribute. God Speed

Comment

Tears in my eyes,
      Respect with Honor,
      Something that is missing in today's society.....

Comment

Originally posted by Terrychester View Post
        Tears in my eyes,
        Respect with Honor,
        Something that is missing in today's society.....
        Indeed.. We need more salutes and less hands up don't shoot protests in this country for sure..

Comment

Is this Dr Bob Snow from Terrell?

Comment

Moving tribute. RIP, sir.

Comment

Nice tribute, RIP Sir

Comment

Thanks for posting Terry. That was a great thing to share.

Comment

Great tribute! Thanks for sharing.

Brings tears to my eyes. My Grandpa passed a few years ago and I witnessed almost the same thing. Locals lined the streets in honor saluting! RIP Bob Snow.

Comment

That's pretty darn cool, Terry!

Prayers up for all of Bobs family and friends!

Bisch

Comment

He sounds like he was a very fine man!

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                        Is this Dr Bob Snow from Terrell?
                        No sir.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Bless you and your family.

Comment

Sounds like the kind of man that we all strive to be. Thank you for the sharing.

Comment

Working...
                            X