VX-R vs VX-3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VX-R vs VX-3?

What is the difference in glass quality? Enough to tell the difference? Need to buy 2 scopes, one for AR and one for Sako .243. Looking at these two and want illuminated reticle. Both will be used for hunting.

Anyone?

Comment

I have a VXR 3x9 on my AR and I love it!!! It's clear and the illumination is great as we'll.

Comment

Never looked throygh the VX-R, but the VX-3 is nice! Know that doesnt help much...

Comment

Love my VXR I've got a 4-14x50

Comment

I have a VXR 3-9x40 patrol on one of my AR's and it's awesome

Comment

Vx 3 in theory has better glass, but a 1" main tube. Vxr has a 30 mm main tube, has illuminated reticles.

Comment

So do you really need to invest in 50mm obj if 30 mm tube or just go with 40? Which reticle? Was thinking firedot ballistic

Comment

Originally posted by trophy_taker View Post
                  So do you really need to invest in 50mm obj if 30 mm tube or just go with 40? Which reticle? Was thinking firedot ballistic
                  It really depends on the type if hunting you're planning on doing. If you have a 30mm tube and a 50mm objective, you're going to be able to shoot in lower light. If you don't do a lot of very low light shooting, I'd just go with the smaller objective if you're getting a 30mm tube. JMO

Comment

Never regretted buying a bigger objective. I have 3 vx3's, 2 50 mm and one 40. I would much rather shoot using the 50's.

Probably will buy a Vx r for rifle I am building for son. I like the fire dot reticle, and the 30 mm tube makes up for a lot.

Comment

Working...
                    X