Cellular trail cams question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cellular trail cams question

So for the ones that have them, what brand and how do you view you pics. I know you can add a " line " to your existing cell plan, or you can have your pics sent to a " host " on some website.

Also what kind of battery life do you get and how well do they actually work?

I have Snyper 3G commander. I get a text as well as sent to an app that I can share the password to my hunting partner. You can add a line or do a stand alone sim cash up-front plan that can be quite a bit cheaper. (like $75 a year for unlimited)
    I get a couple months off 8 batteries but I just added a solar panel and rechargeables.

Comment

Covert Code Black

View and control settings via Ap on my Iphone

You don't add a line to your existing plan anymore. You buy a separate small plan through Covert for your areas best signal provider that you can add several cameras too.

Battery life depends on your signal, the amount of deer you have, and whether you are smart enough to add the solar panel and rechargeable AAs to it and never have to screw with it.

Comment

Spartan Go Cam for me.

I go to "att buy a session" and it gives you options of how long you want to pay for the service. They have a app that you can control the settings on the camera from your phone, also you can login to their website and view pictures and also they will email them directly to you.

For battery life I can get about

1. 3 weeks off of AAs without a solar panel (roughly 1200 pictures)

2. With the solar panel and rechargable batteries, also hooked up to a external 12 volt feeder battery supply I never changed the batteries. I had a few issues with coons eating my antennas but no battery issues at all with this setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Covert Code Black

You don't add a line to your existing plan anymore. You buy a separate small plan through Covert for your areas best signal provider that you can add several cameras too.

Battery life depends on your signal, the amount of deer you have, and whether you are smart enough to add the solar panel and rechargeable AAs to it and never have to screw with it.
          So you can add multiple cameras to the same plan? So to be sure I understand, if hunter A, B, and C all buy the same camera only one plan has to be purchased thru Covert...is that correct? I had already planned on a solar panel if I go this route. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Bushnell
            Works great
            A link is sent to my phone in the form of a text
            Click the link view pic.
            Also have a website where you can view all pics and request HD IMAGE.
            Plan is purchased separate from cell phone stop anytime
            You purchase groups of pictures not monthly plan
            Also first 30 days free pics
            Mine is att service
            Battery life depends on number of pics taken I'm guessing 5k pics per 12 AA BATTERIES not sure on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
              So you can add multiple cameras to the same plan? So to be sure I understand, if hunter A, B, and C all buy the same camera only one plan has to be purchased thru Covert...is that correct? I had already planned on a solar panel if I go this route. Thanks for the info.

Yes sir....it is like $5/ month for each extra camera

My BIL and I have multiple cameras on the same plan and it was cheaper to add them to my existing plan instead of having a separate plan for each camera like they used to. Plus we can both log on to my viewing ap account and all the cameras are there for the viewing instead of having to log in and out of multiple accounts to see all the cameras.

Comment

I have the Bushnell and I’m very satisfied so far. I put it out 11/18 and it has sent about 2000 images and still shows the battery level at two thirds. I’m using Lithium AA batteries. It has an internal antenna so no problem with critters eating it. Others on my lease have Covert and critters are eating the antennas. I never would have spent the money on one but found a really good deal posted here on TBH.com. I was telling my wife that it’s the best hunting gadget I’ve bought in a long time. I get to enjoy my lease every day just by viewing the images from my gamecam while sitting in my recliner.

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Comment

I am having hell with my spy point link evo. And customer service is giving me the runaround. Trying to send it back.

Comment

Covert Code Black

This.

Comment

Covert Code Black

THIS!!! put my code black out three weeks ago and it works like a champ. Me, my brother, and a buddy of ours share one account so that we can all keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                          I am having hell with my spy point link evo. And customer service is giving me the runaround. Trying to send it back.
                          Covert customer service as been outstanding. Ive talked to them twice via the chat on their website. Both times I had a resolution with in minutes.

Comment

Covert Code Black

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
                              Covert customer service as been outstanding. Ive talked to them twice via the chat on their website. Both times I had a resolution with in minutes.
                              Yea I should have gone Covert from the start. My next one will be a Covert for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X