No announcement yet.

Upper laguna madre- fishing reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of smaller fish lately but I found decent sized fish Sunday up close to the JFK. As mention above there are a bunch of drum around but it's been a zoo around them on the weekends. I have found a few redfish but no numbers to speak of. With winds starting to pick up for the weekend fishing might be a little challenging the next few days

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
      Lots of smaller fish lately but I found decent sized fish Sunday up close to the JFK. As mention above there are a bunch of drum around but it's been a zoo around them on the weekends. I have found a few redfish but no numbers to speak of. With winds starting to pick up for the weekend fishing might be a little challenging the next few days
      Are the drum in the intercostal?

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
        Are the drum in the intercostal?
        No sir, 2 large schools. One in boat hole and one in packery. I have avoided the area, there are a bunch of boats on them right now.

Comment

I think we will run far south to stay away from some boats but im sure this wind picking up won't help water clarity! Who flies 1500 miles to fish ULM in August? This dumb guy!😂

Comment

No sir, 2 large schools. One in boat hole and one in packery. I have avoided the area, there are a bunch of boats on them right now.
            I hear there are a few decent schools down South as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bltiger View Post
              I think we will run far south to stay away from some boats but im sure this wind picking up won't help water clarity! Who flies 1500 miles to fish ULM in August? This dumb guy!😂
              It usually doesnt matter much how hard the wind is blowing. A switch in direction has a bigger effect on water clarity in the ulm. By the way, water was gin clear last week.

Comment

Dang, I need to get down there again soon...I'm having withdrawals.

Comment

Originally posted by bltiger View Post
                  I hear there are a few decent schools down South as well.
                  Yes, very near rocky slough

Comment

Im going down tomorrow thru Wednesday. I dont get real mad at the fish and unless I find some drum I throw plastics exclusively., if I do find some fish Ill let you guys know.

Comment

Caught more dinks this morning. Got a message from a buddy. Trout limits 19" to 21" last three mornings in Port A surf. Early on croakers

Comment

Working...
                      X