Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M223 2-8 power. Good for the money

Comment

Nikon P223 Fixed 3X only $150 and is crisp out to 300yd. Just embarrassed a guy w a bolt gun and night force with my Larue Stealth upper $150 nikon and Geissle trigger...Ouch but fun for me...

Variables in that price range change their point of impact...go fixed and adjust your hold...

Comment

Leupold 3-9 Patrol is what put on mine.

Comment

Leupold VX R 1.25-4x20mm with Firedot.

No need for a reflex sight with this as the firedot takes care for that.

Comment

Max out the distance.... then people say a 1-4??? This site perplexes me at times.

Carry on.

OP if you'd come back and answer some clarifying questions and we could help... until then you are going to get: "Buy this because i have one"... "even though it may not fit your needs and I've never tried anything else."

Question:
            What max range?
            What usage?
            What caliber?

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
              Max out the distance.... then people say a 1-4??? This site perplexes me at times.

Carry on.

OP if you'd come back and answer some clarifying questions and we could help... until then you are going to get: "Buy this because i have one"... "even though it may not fit your needs and I've never tried anything else."

Question:
              What max range?
              What usage?
              What caliber?
              Well I apologize for perplexing you. Sometimes with my head injury, things I read do not compute in my mind.
              Again sorry

Comment

I have a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14 on one AR, a Trijicon ACOG 4x on one, and an EOtech on another. All work well for different situations.

Comment

223 , I basically want something to shoot between 50 and 250 yds. Have front sight that sticks up so I am worried that I will see that with low power scope or red dot

Comment

I have a Nikon M-223 with BDC reticle and built-in laser rangefinder (Laser IRT) and it is amazing.
                    Highly recommend.

Comment

Best all AR optics for under $700

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                      IMO M223 is not worth much of anything...

Even the low power have "tactical knobs" WHY? you have your MAGIC BDC reticle? why do you need to adjust after you zero? in the low power scopes, made 2 shoot to 400 TOPS then you DEFINATLY don't need them. If you put the larger power scopes on it MAYBE, but then why use BDC? use the knobs... I mean unless your running at least an 18 barrel gun with 1-7 twist running 77's through so you can get to 600+ with some consistancey(yes much farther is possible) then what is the point? Just clutters the field of view to have that tree...

They hung as many bells and whistles on them as they could to be TATICOOL...

If you want a lower power then your looking for a short stubby scope with not a lot of stuff to catch things when you whip it up and need to shoot on 1x.

if your shooting longer range then get a scope with mil/mil or moa/moa reticle learn to shoot it and run your nobs, you'll be a better shooter for it

EDIT: also the "magic bdc" only works at full power... soooo when you are on 3 power and shooting at pigs and they run and you want to do the dream AR situation where you just keep killing them as they run farther and farther away, you have to run the zoom all the way up while your doing it, re-acquire them in the scope and shoot... all at the same time lol

Only works at full power lmao. It works at any power you just need to set it at something and leave it after you check the app. I would not be adjusting while shooting at running pigs with any scope, not to mention I wouldn't have my scope set at 3 power.
                      Last edited by Black Ice; 04-29-2015, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TXAUfinder View Post
                        Well I apologize for perplexing you. Sometimes with my head injury, things I read do not compute in my mind.
                        Again sorry
                        Apology accepted.

Originally posted by trophy_taker View Post
                        223 , I basically want something to shoot between 50 and 250 yds. Have front sight that sticks up so I am worried that I will see that with low power scope or red dot
                        Lol. Fair enough. 50-250 yards isn't exactly airing out the 223 so you really could probably get away with a 1-something. However if your shots are going to be routinely out past 100 I don't think you're going to like a lower power scope. Get something in the mid range 3-9, 4-12, 3.5-10, 4.5-14 etc and it's going to do all you want it to do.

As far as seeing your fsb in the scope I can't answer that as I don't do the fsb. Since you seem to want accuracy and hunting from this gun I'd suggest either shaving off the fsb or replacing it with a low profile gas block anyway. Then go with a free float Handguard. It's going to shoot better.. look nice. . And you won't have to worry about a fsb. If you want to try and mess with short range/quick acquisitions later you go with flip ups.

Comment

question for all the 1-4 or 1-6 guys. Are you able to hit a quarter @ 100 yds? Does the reticle not cover up a small target?

Comment

Working...
                          X