Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

You dont plug it into an outlet. You wire power source to panel. If you dont know dont do it.

Comment

uneed to stop before u hurt someone or something

Comment

Your asking for trouble, plugging into a receptacle. Having two male plugs on a cord is dangerous. Please don’t do it.

Comment

Statewide I would bet there is a LOT of dangerous stuff going on concerning generators. I hope no one gets killed.

Comment

some of you might want to check out generlink.check with your power co first....[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZnO6mMlQEs"]Generlink Affordable Home Improvements - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Yea. If you dont have a way to make the generator your feed into the main dont plug it in anywhere. Juice is set up to run one way- Ive seen it ran both from main service when dropped down and into breaker box.

Comment

Regardless, make sure your generator is grounded.

Comment

good information..........some of it VERY direct lol

Comment

a friend of a cousins friend told ya this would work ...im guessing?

Comment

Don't Connect Your Generator Directly to Existing Wiring
                        Connecting a portable electric generator directly to existing wiring in your home or business can be deadly to you and others. A generator that is directly connected to existing wiring can “backfeed” onto the power lines coming from the electrical grid.

Utility transformers can then "step-up" or increase this backfeed to thousands of volts — enough to kill a utility lineman making outage repairs a long way from your house or business. You could also cause expensive damage to utility equipment and your generator.

The only safe way to connect a portable electric generator to existing wiring is to have a licensed electrical contractor install a transfer switch. The transfer switch transfers power from the utility power lines to the power coming from your generator.

In some states it illegal but I don’t know about Texas.

Comment

Good lord, I’ve never seen so much bad info on one thread in a long time. Back button back button.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                            Don't Connect Your Generator Directly to Existing Wiring
                            Connecting a portable electric generator directly to existing wiring in your home or business can be deadly to you and others. A generator that is directly connected to existing wiring can “backfeed” onto the power lines coming from the electrical grid.

Utility transformers can then "step-up" or increase this backfeed to thousands of volts — enough to kill a utility lineman making outage repairs a long way from your house or business. You could also cause expensive damage to utility equipment and your generator.

The only safe way to connect a portable electric generator to existing wiring is to have a licensed electrical contractor install a transfer switch. The transfer switch transfers power from the utility power lines to the power coming from your generator.

In some states it illegal but I don’t know about Texas.

The only way to backfeed is to leave the main 'on'. A transfer switch does the same thing as turning off your main and wiring into the panel. It is just already there and you cannot forget a step.

Comment

It can be done.
                              But unless you REALLY know what you are doing. You can kill someone.
                              The easiest way to back feed your home is through the dryer receptacle.

Make sure your main breaker is off! Cannot stress that enough!

You need a 4 wire cord of#10,8 or 6 wire with two male ends,Keep cord as short as possible( one male to fit the 30a 220v receptacle on your Genset and the other male plug for the 220v dryer outlet. Make sure both ends are plugged in and the Genset is grounded. Start gen and use power sparingly. Keep in mind your dryer outlet is only set up for 30amps#10 wire. Do not overload the circuit You will blow the dryer breaker if you go beyond 30amps.
                              You will have enough to power a well, run the fridge some lights and a few outlets. But not all at the same time. The well needs the full 30amps for startup.
                              Pay attention to the neighbor's lights coming back on when the power comes back, if you do not have a warning light/signal/alarm hooked up to the street side of the meter to tell you the power has been turned back on.

You can do the same with your electric stove outlet(220v also) instead of the dryer. The stove will have a larger wire back to the panel. But most of the time the Genset will not provide enough power to work the 60amps that stoves demand. But you could get more power if the Gen could provide more.

Don't try this unless you know what you are doing. I'm serious.
                              Best of luck to all y'all that are affected by this.

Comment

I do it every time I lose power, kill my main and back feed my dryer plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X