No announcement yet.

Keto 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down 12.4lbs (yes, I count the tenths) since Jan 11. It's taken longer than normal to overcome all the cravings, especially for beer. Had a low cal Community IPA last night as my desert and it was orgasmic

Both my golf courses tarped the greens yesterday and it looks like late next week before we get any relief from this cold. Gonna be tough to stay on track. I bundled up last night and took the pup for a fast 4 miler which I've been doing consistently every day for the last 2 weeks.

How's everybody doing?

Comment

I'm late to the party; started this on Jan 31st and down 5 pounds. I ride a desk most of the day and haven't been working out like I should. Carb Manager has been nice to help me keep track as well. Once this cold snap passes I need to get on a good lifting and running routine.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        My clothes are actually baggy, need new holes in my belts, energy is better, sleep is so-so at times, but I have loss about 14 pounds only. 20 more pounds to geaux....at least. [emoji106] I ordered some training swim fins on Amazon to try to lose at a faster pace. I think my body has adjusted to the 10+ mile daily bike ride and the daily 2 - 3 mile walk. I hope to start running soon also. I have not knowingly cheated on the diet either......but have stalled on weight loss for 9 day's at 221![emoji3061][emoji36][emoji3064][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
        Are you swimming laps in the fountain you installed?

Comment

I need to get dedicated again. I don’t eat a lot of carbs but I also have not been tracking the macros.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
            Down 12.4lbs (yes, I count the tenths) since Jan 11. It's taken longer than normal to overcome all the cravings, especially for beer. Had a low cal Community IPA last night as my desert and it was orgasmic

Both my golf courses tarped the greens yesterday and it looks like late next week before we get any relief from this cold. Gonna be tough to stay on track. I bundled up last night and took the pup for a fast 4 miler which I've been doing consistently every day for the last 2 weeks.

How's everybody doing?
            I am down 12 pounds in 5 weeks. I think I hit the stall last week because I didn`t lose anything. Lost 4 pounds the week before though.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
              I am down 12 pounds in 5 weeks. I think I hit the stall last week because I didn`t lose anything. Lost 4 pounds the week before though.
              Keep it up. I was stalled most of last week and now dropping daily again.

Normally I'm fighting to keep electrolytes up and bordering dehydration but I've been bloated lately. When I hit the 15lb mark I'm gonna pop a water pill or two, put the rubber suit on and run a couple of hours on the treadmill. That will kick me over the 20lb mark to win my bet for sure Not a long-term loss but I can't let this guy beat me

Comment

Had a friend lose about 80 lbs on Keto. He said it was extremely hard to maintain however and he gained most of it back as soon as he stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by IamShado View Post
                  Had a friend lose about 80 lbs on Keto. He said it was extremely hard to maintain however and he gained most of it back as soon as he stopped.

I lost 60 last year and have been maintaining since June. I stay between 180-185. I find it incredibly easy to maintain. I enjoy the foods I get to eat on keto. I also work out 5+ days a week, so I’m sure that helps maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went from 232 to 170 on keto a few years ago. I weigh 175 right now and have for a while. I know it sounds cliché but it is a lifestyle change. You cant go back to eating tons of bread, pasta, regular ice cream, and all the stuff you ate before. You have to remember that carbs and sugar are the devil! That being said I do not feel like I am depriving myself one bit. In fact I would say that everything is so much tastier now than it was before. Using real butter to cook and not worrying about fats is awesome. I had keto pancakes this week, pizza, spaghetti, and asian stir fry-Halo Top Keto Ice Cream Carmel butter pecan- all awesome. You can make anything keto- recipes all over pintrest. At this point I do not count carbs or fat or anything. I just try to eat low carb and no sugar on a daily basis. Now I do break this at least from time to time for fries and chicken sandwich from Chic-fila. I would probably say 95% of what I eat is keto though. I am 43 and feel great with tons of energy- waaaaay more than I had in my late 30s.

Comment

It's super easy to maintain, unless you are just addicted to junk food and don't want to live without it. If you go back to eating junk food, you'll gain all the weight back pretty fast.

Comment

I had a stumble today.... I ate fajitas with a couple of flour tortillas I also had a bow of ranchero beans.

i will be back at my regular Keto meals/eats tomorrow. Hope this stumble doesn't kick me off Keto.

Comment

Keto 2021

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                          It's super easy to maintain, unless you are just addicted to junk food and don't want to live without it. If you go back to eating junk food, you'll gain all the weight back pretty fast.

I disagree. I simply don’t eat junk food but could not get in ketosis because I couldn’t adjust to enough fat intake. Wife has the same issue but is still trying.

Not trying to add any negativity, just keeping it real that it’s not always easy, especially for folks that already have a healthy lifestyle.
                          Last edited by bboswell; 02-10-2021, 09:38 PM.

Comment

What is your point? Nothing like bringing a negative vibe to a positive thread. [emoji2357]

Your friend gained all his weight back because he went back to his same habits that made him overweight to begin with. He could have continued eating healthy whether it was keto or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                              I disagree. I simply don’t eat junk food but could not get in ketosis because I couldn’t adjust to enough fat intake. Wife has the same issue but is still trying.

Not trying to add any negativity, just keeping it real that it’s not always easy, especially for folks that already have a healthy lifestyle.
                              I hear you. I guess my comment about maintaining was coming from an assumption that a person had been eating low carb/high fat for long enough to lose 70-80 pounds. If someone is able to do it for the few months required to do that, then it should be pretty easy to maintain unless they just decided they wanted to go back to eating a bunch of carbs.

Comment

I messed up last night. Fasted all day and the wife grilled me 2 huge burger patties. I ate them both with one of those "zero carb" smart buns which tastes like ground paper even saturated in beef fat. Pretty sure that meal blew me way out on protein and I had been so good about staying away from the processed junk "Keto" friendly products. Barely still in ketosis this morning and was miserable all night from being so full.

Comment

Working...
                                X