No announcement yet.

Rabbit hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find a place to do it at night with a spot light if possible. Much easier than in the daytime.

Comment

When he was younger my dog was Awsome at rabbit hunting. We would scower the thickest knarliest brush around and when he got wind of one he would bay up a storm. My favorite hunt with my old buddy Tex was actually during a dove hunt, with no dove. So I picked up my bow and grabbed tex and took off. He would come up to the rabbit, bay and chase them in wide circles back to me. I'd yell stop as the rabbit ran past me, tex would stop behind me and I'd sling an arrow at the rabbit. We were a dynamite team. The last rabbit of the day on that trip was in really thick brush, I didn't even see it, but tex was baying at it. So I told him to get em, so tex charged in grabbed the rabbit in his mouth and literally threw it out of the brush for me to get. I was so proud, I gave him a big ol burger at dinner.

Comment

Sarrels Bows

Originally posted by bob sarrels View Post
        Huntin cottentails with a stickbow is a gas. It's easier to get within shootin range than you might think. They just kinda freeze up thinkin they are invisable. You can get really close.
        Bob,

Can't wait to get my bow from you. When you headed to Abilene?

Comment

My old Bassett hound Princess and I had tons of fun hunting rabbits with my longbow. Missed more than I got but what fun. I sure miss thoes days and Princess. Had to have her put down when she was 12 years old as she got ran over in the driveway of a 500 acer farm. Had her from a pup and still cannot beleive she got hit it still breaks my heart.

Comment

Working...
          X