Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Fixed blade broadheads do you shoot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Fixed blade broadheads do you shoot?

Right now I am shooting rage but am looking at some fixed blades, the slick tricks have caught my eye but I am wondering what you guys like and why? I like the slick tricks cuz of the short ferrel and thick blades.

I'm all over the place based on what I'm hunting. For deer and pigs my two favorites are slick trick magnums and qad exodus. If I'm going after moose and Bison I have been shooting solids, silver flames and Strickland helix.

Comment

Slick trick grizz 2, DRts, solids and the occasional muzzy phantom mx4.

I like the grizz 2 on white tails they fly great, leave big holes, and great blood trails.

I'll use the DRts and muzzy phantoms on hogs. Great penetrating heads and good blood trails.

Solids I like for both in the 125 grain with the 3/4" bleeders. I have found all these heads to fly good out of my set up

Comment

I normally shoot G5 Striker Mags…

However, I am currently doing a test on hogs between G5 Striker Mags, Heartcraft Mags, Slick Trick Mags, and Ramcats to test durability, practice group size, and penetration. There is nothing scientific about it, but I am going to shoot 5-10 pigs with each broad head then post up the results. Right now, 24 hogs with the G5 mags and Heartcraft Mags. I am now working on the Ramcats, then I will switch to the slick tricks. Hopefully should have some results by April or May.

Comment

I am curious to how your test goes...

Comment

I like Magnus stinger buzzcuts because they fly good with minum tuning, I shot mine in a target 8-10 times and it would still shave hair on my arm.. Also their warranty is awesome, if you shoot a animal and it goes thru hits a rock, fence post etc. they are happy to replace it.. I also like the slick tricks because the fly well too.. Seems that they are strong as well..

Comment

I'm shooting the magnus killer bees when i shoot fixed blades

Comment

I shot magnus buzzcuts for a couple years and they flew awesome and put down everything real fast! Only complaint I guess I had was I didn't always have much of a bloodtrail but luckily watched most of the critters go down anyway. The slick tricks shoot awesome too! And so do ramcats! I haven't got to hunt with the ramcats yet but they fly great and seem to be silent in flight compared to most fixed blades

Comment

Slick Trick 100grain Magnum

Comment

Zwickey. For everything

Comment

Simmons Landshark 165

Comment

Deep six slick trick mags

Comment

I used to shoot some old three blade Muzzys, they flew alright but sort of planed up and to the left compared to my field tips. Now I'm shooting Rage Hypodermic, those things are sweet.

Comment

I like the Grizz tricks, they work good on white tails, axis, and pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
                              Simmons Landshark 165

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423685194.603697.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	24363380
                              Oh yeah!

Comment

Working...
                              X