snake question..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

snake question..........

My husband found our dog barking at a tree, so he went to inspect it and sure enough there was a rat snake hanging there - he could only see a little bit of what it caught, which he thought was a mouse, on further inspection once the snake brought it's head up high enough, obviously it was a bunny. Curious how many snakes can climb trees - can all snakes climb trees and this is the second rat snake (I think it's a rat snake) I've seen around our place - we've yet to see anything poisonous this year. I really find snakes interesting, but I'm also more and more aware of how well camouflaged they seem and how fast those things can move............

Untitled by seventytwoacres, on Flickr

dinner?! by seventytwoacres, on Flickr

Was that an adult rabbit ?

Comment

Originally posted by outlaw38 View Post
      Was that an adult rabbit ?
      baby bunny like 7 inches or so............

Comment

Cool pics. It kinda looks like a racer to me.

Comment

I've never seen a rattle snake or copper head in a tree. That doesn't mean they can't , I've just never seen one. I assume they all can if forced to? Like swimming...

Comment

Rat snakes are VERY good at climbing. My dad watched one climb up a pipe pole to eat baby purple martins. He "stopped" the snake about half way up.
            People find them above doorways/windows a lot, especially under porches. They are excellent at catching birds.

Comment

Very nice pictures!

Comment

Great shots

Comment

Working...
                X