Cottonseed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
    I plan to devise a better way to haul it next time. The bulk bags are not convenient.
    Where did you find the bulk bags? And how much?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      If you're buying cottonseed in bags you are working way too hard. I have fed cottonseed for the last two years at two spots on my lease. I feed from February to September. So far I have put out 18,000 pounds at my two feed pens. I can't imagine doing that with 50lb bags. Deer love cottonseed. It's high in protein, fat, and fiber. This season I expect the mills to run out due to the flooding we had. Hopefully I will still be able to find it. I get my cottonseed in Eldorado and San Angelo. Google cotton gins and CO-OP's near you. The best way to get it is with a trailer that has sides on it. You can also have them fill your truck bed if you don't have a trailer. Get you a snow shovel and it's easy to scoop out and put in a wire feeder. I made my feeders out of 2x4 welded wire from TSC and a t-post. They are cheap and work great. A water tote frame works too. I prefer cottonseed over protein because RACCOONS DON'T EAT IT! Water doesn't ruin it either. I'm not sure exactly how much 3'x 5' will hold, but it's close to 350-400 lbs I think. I hope this helps. I will post a couple pics of one of my feeders.
      Where do you buy from in El Dorado? I have a lease in Ozona and have been looking for a place to buy in bulk on the way driving from San Antonio.

Comment

Originally posted by breeds13 View Post
        Where do you buy from in El Dorado? I have a lease in Ozona and have been looking for a place to buy in bulk on the way driving from San Antonio.
        Moore’s Ranch Wildlife Feed. About 15 miles west of Eldorado on 190. Call Mike Moore @ 325-650-0841 and he can give you pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
          You guys get you CS near Rocksprings? Planning on feeding it at our new place very soon. Charlie where in RS are you? Our place is off of Hwy 41 one mile south on CR230.
          I bought cottonseed in Batesville, about 20 miles south of Uvalde.

My place is about 15 miles north of Rocksprings, just south of the Edwards - Sutton County line. I take Ranch Road 2630 north and then turn onto the Taylor Ranch Road

Comment

Originally posted by breeds13 View Post
            Where did you find the bulk bags? And how much?
            I bought those bags on eBay. They were $22 each. I won’t use them again. Next time I will set up 4X8 sheets of plywood as walls on my 20 foot trailer and have the cottonseed dumped directly into the trailer. And then I will put a tarp over the top. It’s time consuming and labor intensive to fill the bags and then shovel the cottonseed out of the bags.

Comment

Anyone have data on where to grab Cottenseed near Victoria, or en route from Houston?

Comment

Working...
              X