F150, Tundra, or Silverado?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2003 Tundra has 350,000 miles on it and I'm thinking of keeping it for local stuff but adding a new truck for work. The clear coat is peeling in large spots on my Tundra, making it look horrible though it still drives well and has no major issues.

The F150 gets good reviews and has the best gas mileage. The Tundra is outdated and gets poor gas mileage, but has the best reliability. The Chevy is also a little outdated and just sits in the middle of the pack. This will be a 4x4 crew cab.

I don't like Dodge and the Nissan doesn't really interest me.

Any recommendations? This would be a before January purchase so I can't wait until later in 2018 when one or the other might be updated. So, this would be based on what is available now.

I want leather, which means if I go Ford it has to be a Lariat. Chevy and Toyota have packages with leather at a lower package deal. But, since I keep my trucks a long time, I probably will go with a better overall package anyway.

Todd

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

350 K on the Tundra. I think I would stick with Toyota.

Comment

Tundra all the way. I have owned F150s a majority of my life. Prior to that Chevys. I have a F150 Lariat now.

My next one will be a Tundra. In the last few yrs we have replaced American made with imports. If I had to have a heavy hauler I would go with the F250.

Other then that Toyota all the way.

Comment

I’m in the same boat (or truck) as you. I have a 2000 model Chev with 300+ on it. Still drives great but looks like death warmed over. I will retire it to become a ranch truck.

I am leaning F-150. I like the look and ride of the Ford plus I can get the big cab with a longer bed. The Toyota Crewmax only comes with a tiny 4.5 foot bed and gas mileage sux ( I have a friend with one, it sux). The Chev and or GM with the 6.2 is intriguing though. I need to drive one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lodgepole View Post
          I’m in the same boat (or truck) as you. I have a 2000 model Chev with 300+ on it. Still drives great but looks like death warmed over. I will retire it to become a ranch truck.

I am leaning F-150. I like the look and ride of the Ford plus I can get the big cab with a longer bed. The Toyota Crewmax only comes with a tiny 4.5 foot bed and gas mileage sux ( I have a friend with one, it sux). The Chev and or GM with the 6.2 is intriguing though. I need to drive one.

These 4.5 foot beds are great for getting groceries, if you let the tailgate down, you can almost haul a 2x4

Comment

I’ve had both and prefer the Ford. The mileage is better, looks better and interior to me is nicer. That being said, I don’t know if you’ll get 350k out of the Ford I would like to think so but I can’t speak on experience yet.

Comment

Tundra. Gas mileage may be on the lower end but what do you expect out of a 5.7 with 4.11 rear end. Why do you think it tows like a 3/4 ton. It is extremely reliable and very comfortable. One thing you can do is have an upholstery shop put leather in after the fact. It’s way cheaper. Just don’t use the 4x4 in high unless you turn off the limited slip and traction control. Otherwise you will lose a gear in the tranny. I learned that one....

Comment

Running a large fleet we see it all. Ford still is the best all around buy.

Comment

Originally posted by lilavidhunter View Post
                  350 K on the Tundra. I think I would stick with Toyota.
                  My thoughts exactly! Why try and fix something that ain’t broke?!

Comment

Tundra

Comment

F-150! If you wanna empty your savings out every time you dent that aluminum body. GMC Sierra or Chevy Silverado all the way.

Comment

Like my last post. I hav been driving F150,F250 and F550 for 26 years at work and would still never buy a Ford. They are horrible and my personal truck is a Chevy, but my next is Tundra.

Comment

Silverado all the way , screw ford

Comment

370k on my 03 Tundra. They are dependable and last!

Comment

Drive all three and see what YOU LIKE. They are all pretty reliable and trouble free. I chose the F-150. Others will like the Chevy or Toyota. They all have their pros and cons.

Comment

Working...
                              X