No announcement yet.

Snake boots, south tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

55 yo and just got my 1st pair of snake boots for Xmas. I'll probably feel better for having them. But I've always just been careful where I step.

Comment

I wouldn't mess with them, the hogs have done a number on the snakes on the ranches there. Lived on the old king ranch there. Took hundreds of nilgai and other game, never wore them are saw anyone wearing them. The workers on the ranch do not wear them. Spent years on the old king ranch and the East ranch, never saw a need for them. Picture of an afternoon hunt.
      Attached Files

Comment

Last February on a nilgai hunt just north of port Mansfield we killed 3 or 4 rattlesnakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Your feet aren’t growing anymore.
          You can wear them for years.
          Will never have to worry about kicking a cactus day or night.
          Snakes become nothing to worry about.
          The peace of mind for all of the above.. Priceless.
          Buy them and be happy.

Comment

The one time I went nilgai hunting we killed one. I use mine now out of habbit. Mostly just to keep cactus and burrs off my pant legs, but if I have my head up my arse one day and not watch where I am stepping I'll be glad I had them. If you do get some, definitely avoid any with laces unless you like digging sand burs out of them for days.

Comment

Look at some pics of a rattle snake bite, seems like a small investment compared to that

Comment

Gaiters

Comment

I buy the ones a Buccees, about $120+or-

Comment

I wear my chips about 90% of the time, but I still watch my step and never put my hand where I can't see.

Comment

Originally posted by kornsqueezer View Post
                      everlast also has snake chaps. Need to go on their website.
                      this

Comment

Get Chippewa seconds from the Justin factory store in Downtown Forth Worth. Around $100. Mine are more comfortable than any other boot. Wear them year round.

Comment

Working...
                        X