Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upcoming graduation - job search

Hey GS

I'll be graduating in December from UNT with a Logistics and Supply Chain Management degree and will be looking to go to work here in North Texas.

I was hoping some of you may have some leads that I can follow up on. While I love the logistics and supply chain field, I am open to careers outside of the logistics field as I have had some interest from construction companies, one specifically looking at me to fill a project controls engineer role. It seems the PM I spoke with felt that the supply chain field translates well into construction as far as working with the SAP type softwares, project work and the movement of materials and those processes.

I am currently employed full time and have been the past four years since I graduated high school and began college. I currently work as an Assistant Director of Operations for a non profit in North Texas, its with this organization that I have worked my way through four promotions to my current role. I have started to send out my resume and have been a bit particular to make sure something is the right fit since I am employed and have 3 months until graduation.

I am hungry and driven. I have a family to provide for and plan to do that by getting on with a company I can grow with and bring value to from day one.

Anyway, pardon the long read, but if any of you know of anything that I might be a fit for please give me a holler. I work a full 40 hr schedule currently even with school and could jump ship before graduation if the opportunity is right and I am given a touch of flexibility as I finish up!

Thanks GS

Good luck to you

Comment

You sound like the type of guy that would be an asset to any company.. good luck brotha!!

Comment

Thanks guys, much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like you would be a good fit for Peterbilt, Aldi, Target or Fasenal here in Denton. Have you checked with any of those companies?

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
            Sounds like you would be a good fit for Peterbilt, Aldi, Target or Fasenal here in Denton. Have you checked with any of those companies?

Yes, very interested in Peterbilt. Can’t find anything online regarding the others that fits the roles I’m looking for at the moment. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Did they not have a career fair?

Anyways jbhunt was a good company to work for and lots of opportunities to move up.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                Did they not have a career fair?

Anyways jbhunt was a good company to work for and lots of opportunities to move up.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Yes, I have looked at the employers that will be there and plan to attend.

Good to hear about JB Hunt, I will look again at their opening. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X