Houston Texans kneeling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Louis View Post
    Nope , not a snowflake numbnuts. If they don't believe what the flag stands for they are communists.
    Why communists, specifically?

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
      Incorrect -- they are well within their legal rights to do so as Americans -- you just don't agree with them, snowflake.
      Dude, I just spit coffee on my screen. Funny, short and to the point.

Comment

Not sure what you are if you don't vote though.

Communism:
        a political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs.

Democracy:
        a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.

Freedom of speech:
        What Does Free Speech Mean?

Among other cherished values, the First Amendment protects freedom of speech. The U.S. Supreme Court often has struggled to determine what exactly constitutes protected speech. The following are examples of speech, both direct (words) and symbolic (actions), that the Court has decided are either entitled to First Amendment protections, or not.

The First Amendment states, in relevant part, that:

“Congress shall make no law...abridging freedom of speech.”

Freedom of speech includes the right:

Not to speak (specifically, the right not to salute the flag).
        West Virginia Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943).
        Of students to wear black armbands to school to protest a war (“Students do not shed their constitutional rights at the schoolhouse gate.”).
        Tinker v. Des Moines, 393 U.S. 503 (1969).
        To use certain offensive words and phrases to convey political messages.
        Cohen v. California, 403 U.S. 15 (1971).
        To contribute money (under certain circumstances) to political campaigns.
        Buckley v. Valeo, 424 U.S. 1 (1976).
        To advertise commercial products and professional services (with some restrictions).
        Virginia Board of Pharmacy v. Virginia Consumer Council, 425 U.S. 748 (1976); Bates v. State Bar of Arizona, 433 U.S. 350 (1977).
        To engage in symbolic speech, (e.g., burning the flag in protest).
        Texas v. Johnson, 491 U.S. 397 (1989); United States v. Eichman, 496 U.S. 310 (1990).
        Freedom of speech does not include the right:

To incite actions that would harm others (e.g., “[S]hout[ing] ‘fire’ in a crowded theater.”).
        Schenck v. United States, 249 U.S. 47 (1919).
        To make or distribute obscene materials.
        Roth v. United States, 354 U.S. 476 (1957).
        To burn draft cards as an anti-war protest.
        United States v. O’Brien, 391 U.S. 367 (1968).
        To permit students to print articles in a school newspaper over the objections of the school administration.
        Hazelwood School District v. Kuhlmeier, 484 U.S. 260 (1988).
        Of students to make an obscene speech at a school-sponsored event.
        Bethel School District #43 v. Fraser, 478 U.S. 675 (1986).
        Of students to advocate illegal drug use at a school-sponsored event.
        Morse v. Frederick, __ U.S. __ (2007).
        uscorts.gov

Comment

You may have the right to kneel but as a team owner, I have the right to cut you. Employers can provide restrictions on the speech and actions of their employees and do so every day. I also have the right to not watch the game until the anthem has concluded or to bypass watching the game entirely. I for one find it a reach to link kneeling during the anthem with police violence and race inequality. I see it as being disrespectful to the men and women who died to keep us free and it my right to see it that way.

Comment

Certainly well within their rights to kneel and spew whatever ridiculous cause they think they are protesting for by doing so. Having said that, they are at work and their bosses can fire them for protesting on the clock. Sad that the NFL has chosen to let a few players ruin a favorite Sunday event for millions of Americans.

Comment

Oh great...another one of these threads where we say the same **** over and over and over...just like the others...Woohoo!
              Last edited by Smart; 09-12-2018, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Easy now, I dont think they are communists...just a big pile of steaming dog ****. That sounds much better.
                Originally posted by Louis View Post
                Nope , not a snowflake numbnuts. If they don't believe what the flag stands for they are communists.
                Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Oh great...another one of these threads where we say the same **** over and over and over...just like the others...Woohoo!
                  I have yet to see one of these threads change one's opinion or thoughts, just saying, carry on.

Comment

I'm sick of this debate. I think it proper to stand and show respect when the anthem is played and it used to make me mad when people did not show that respect. But last year, my daughter had the honor of interviewing several medal of honor winners and she asked them what they thought of this. The answers they gave surprised me and I have since had bit of a change in the way I look at it. They all said they think people should show respect, but they fought for our freedom and that means even the people that don't have the same views as we do. They fought for so people would have freedom of speech and the right to protest. I still think its stupid to do, but this did make me think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                      Easy now, I dont think they are communists...just a big pile of steaming dog ****. That sounds much better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                        Incorrect -- they are well within their legal rights to do so as Americans -- you just don't agree with them, snowflake.
                        Wouldn't that make you the snowflake since he is obviously American

Comment

Only time a player should kneel on the field is on a kick-off deep in the end zone .

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by roostar14 View Post
                            Thats because Jerry told them if they did hed drop then faster than a bad habit!
                            All owners of the teams should be that way! havent watched a nfl game in 2 years dont care to now!
                            Jerry kneeled with them one game last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                              Jerry kneeled with them one game last year.

Wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                To a degree...

He did take a knee with the whole team. But, it was before the anthem.

Comment

Working...
                                X