Who lives in Texas and owns Land in Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who lives in Texas and owns Land in Oklahoma

Just curious on the people that live in Texas and own land in Oklahoma. If you have land that you hunt on do you have to pay the yearly license fee and the deer license like normal out of state hunters? That's like $400/year. Is there anyway around it or is that just part of it? I have a buddy that owns land in Oklahoma but lives in Arkansas. He actually has a big cattle ranch. Just wondering what some pros and cons would be if someone in Texas was to buy land up there. Seems like the land is a little cheaper but there could be other expenses that add up and it's not such a good deal.

I don't....but know people that do. They pay full price for hunting license

Comment

You still have to pay the full price, they don't have an exception for non resident landowner

Comment

ok. Thanks. I didn't think they did.

Comment

Yep we have land in Oklahoma and have to pay out of state fees. I don’t deer hunt for that reason just get basic hunting license so I can dove hunt and varmit hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
            You still have to pay the full price, they don't have an exception for non resident landowner
            This. There is one loop hole of sorts around it but you would have to live in Oklahoma long enough to be classified a resident and then buy a lifetime license. I know of several Texas residents with Oklahoma lifetime license.

Comment

They quit selling lifetime non-resident licenses many years ago. I drug my feet one year to long after huntin up there in college a couple years with my Uncle. Coach

Comment

Live in Texas but hunt in Arkansas on family land. Yes, it costs $350 a year for the license

Comment

Originally posted by coachmas View Post
                  They quit selling lifetime non-resident licenses many years ago. I drug my feet one year to long after huntin up there in college a couple years with my Uncle. Coach
                  Yes that's true, but I wasn't referring to lifetime nonresident license. If you establish residency in Oklahoma you are eligible to buy a lifetime Resident license and it remains valid if you ever move out of state afterwards.

Comment

Yup and I have paid $300 a year per archery hunter in my family for many years. It costs me $600 for me and my oldest daughter to hunt, but we can kill 12 deer. 4 bucks and 8 does. We also get to hunt from Oct 1st to Jan 15th. Actually headed up to camp on the land for a week of bow hunting Jan 4th. We never hunt our East Texas land anymore. Very few hunters, beautiful land, quiet, peaceful and tons of great deer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4727.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	24523569

Comment

Nope, no LO exemptions. I pay 900 to 1200 in license up there every year.

Comment

Back in the day if you were a resident and owned and hunted your own land you didn't need a license, just had to buy the tags. Has this changed?

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          Back in the day if you were a resident and owned and hunted your own land you didn't need a license, just had to buy the tags. Has this changed?

Yes, Even XYZ nation have to get tags now.

Comment

Working...
                          X