October in the Ozarks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October in the Ozarks...

And the bucks are running! My wife and I played hookie today and came over to deer camp. We haven’t shot a buck yet this year, so we’ve got our muzzleloaders out and itchy trigger fingers.

Haven’t got any monsters on camera over here at camp, yet, but have a bunch of decent bucks and just a really good crop of deer and turkeys this year. Card pull after the morning hunt looked promising in a couple fields that we have blinds set in, so we’re about 1/4 mile apart seeing what we can see.

Does have been coming out in the afternoon in these fields to graze the clover and the bucks have been dogging them. Hopefully we can can get a couple to stand still!

The colors are changing and even though they don’t show up great in cell phone pics, I thought I’d share. We’re blessed to live in a pretty area and fall especially reminds me of God’s work.
    Attached Files

Last pic is from the blind in sitting in. Hopefully they’ll stir before long. 50 degrees with a steady NW wind, it just feels right!

Comment

Yes sir! Some pretty country in your state! I enjoyed my couple years I lived there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am in the Missouri Ozarks taking the oldest grandson out in the morning for youth weekend.

Comment

I’ve got a wad of turkeys and a couple of does out in the field. Hopefully some horns will walk out!

Comment

Watch out for the Snells. They are ruthless. Just kidding. Beautiful place!

Comment

Good luck!! Beautiful country

Comment

That sure is some beautiful country

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Public or private land?

Comment

Very nice
                    Best of luck

Comment

I was in southern Missouri earlier in the week. Definitely a scenic drive there and back.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                        Watch out for the Snells. They are ruthless. Just kidding. Beautiful place!

I see what you did there! Great show!

Good luck OP

Comment

I mis bowunting in October on my great uncles place that bordered lake Truman, their are some monsters up there. Beautiful country also

Comment

First muzzleloader season has always been my favorite hunt of the year!!!
                            Good luck to y'all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                              Public or private land?
                              It’s private. Just an old family place that we use for deer & turkey camp about 25 miles from the house.

Yesterday evening was a good one. Lots of deer moving and my wife killed a buck. I figured she would as she’s a hunter, not a watcher (in her words!). I probably saw 15 at my spot and a couple decent bucks that I couldn’t get a shot at. Saw a few this morning but they weren’t moving much after a clear, cool night. Hopefully this evening is similar to yesterday!

Comment

Working...
                              X