DFW area hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DFW area hogs

Was wondering if anyone has inquired with cities or TRA and TPWD about bow hunting pigs around the metroplex?

I know you can hunt them up in Decatur and i believe you can hunt them over at Lake Lavon, there are also some other wildlife areas in and around Dallas that allow Hog hunting, take a look at public hunting in texas

Comment

IN Decatur?

Comment

yep, up at LBJ grasslands, pretty productive for some folks

Comment

I was aware of those ranches, but I'm curious if hunters have talked with any cities about hunting along the trinity river.

Comment

I hunt hogs on private Trinity river bottom land on the Dallas-Irving border. TRA will not allow hunting on publicly owned lands to the best of my knowledge and I have done some pretty thorough research. The only involvment by TPWD that I am aware of is several TPWD volonteer bowhunter ed instructors were asked by the city of Dallas to help control hog populations on a city owned golf course.

Comment

Theres no hogs on lbj in decator

Comment

The city of Dallas puts out Request for Contracts to control the pig population. You can only use traps last time I checked, very restrictive contracts.

Comment

Aint no deer on LBJ either!

Comment

There are plenty of hogs on lbj

Comment

Absolutely no hogs at Lavon either

Comment

Well crap, cause I'm sure there are plenty of us who would be more than willing to help with the piggy problems around DFW. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by BUbowhntr View Post
                          Well crap, cause I'm sure there are plenty of us who would be more than willing to help with the piggy problems around DFW. Thanks for the info.
                          I feel the same way when driving down I45 on the south side of Dallas and see then on the shoulder rooting around.

Comment

there are a lot of hogs on lower Greenville, I see them every Friday and Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb1206 View Post
                              I feel the same way when driving down I45 on the south side of Dallas and see then on the shoulder rooting around.
                              Are you sure that wasn't my ex-wife you saw?

Comment

Working...
                              X