fixed broad heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broadheads

i like heads i can resharpen myself because between my boys and i we will shoot 15 or 20 a year and these dang heads have gotten expensive. I find all the good 2 blade heads like stos,eclipse, zwickey all perform well from penetration with both compound and stickbows alike. the blood trail is a little better with 4 blade bleeders and so last couple years i have switched to the 4 blade zwickey eskimos and deltas and put my own epoxy inserts in them because my epoxy job is always better than the factory , no matter which brand. some of these nice looking heads above are just 2 rich for shooting deer for me. however they do look nice and effective. magnus makes decent head also. placement is most important but momentum trumps kinetic energy on penetration every time. have not had good luck with 3 blade montec woodsman and some of the other ones with replacement 3 blades in terms of consistent blood trails so quit using them. not a fan of mechanicals personally due to experiences on hunting elk in the rockies when i lived there and they first came out. i know they will do the job when everything is right just not my cup of tea. my 2 cents

Comment

Working...
    X