First bow buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First bow buck

I got my first bow buck this year after 4 yrs of bowhunting. I got him opening day in the morning hunt. The shot was about 35 yds. with a high crosswind. I did not compensate for the wind in my aim and the shot was back. I knew it was bad as soon as i heard it hit. It sounded like the arrow went through a basketball....hollow..dang gut shot. Waited about 15 minutes to come down from my buck fever then went back to get the truck. Looked for my arrow and confirmed the gut shot. I did manage to find blood trail all the way to the edge of the brush where he walked in so we waited another hour. Went looking for him and found lots of blood but no deer. We looked from 10am to 10pm. I even called in dog trcker and nothing. I was bummed to say the least. The next morning i told my brother I was going back up there to look some more. On the way in to the area i noticed lots of buzzards in the area which arent uncommon cuz of the wind currents in the area but i noticed there was more than usual. Finally i got to them and they had found my buck minus the eyes. He was about 600yds from where i hit him and in a completely different direction from where he entered the brush. I was so glad i was able to recover him. It was an emotional rollercoaster but he was worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on your first buck. Too bad you couldn't find him sooner.

Comment

On my goodness. What a nice deer. Congrats

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Great buck

Comment

Congrats on the buck, glad you got the recovery in

Comment

Congrats on this good looking buck.

Comment

Congrats on the zombie looking Buck!!