No announcement yet.

Cargo Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could make an improvement to be able to make it portable. Saw a lot of people in WY using cargo containers for camps on BLM land. They added wheels to them that would jack up and down. They'd jack the wheels down to haul them, then jack the wheels up to set the container on the ground. It was pretty cool.

Comment

Looks like to me in the pics the food smell could change if somebody is doing paperwork around the corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

24k is a rip off for that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

We have a 40 ft high cube we have finished out with bunk beds and kitchen area. Not anywhere near as fancy as posted by the op. I would never have an rv at camp again. Those containers are solid.... No bugs or mice. No worries about roof leaks or hail damage. If we move it will cost us several hundred bucks to move it. Probably about what you would spend my new tires and lights and license to move an rv

Comment

I was in Llano area this weekend in friends place. They had just brought in 3 cabins (built off site by custom builder ). Delivers and out on blocks for 28k each. Two door entrance with bedrooms on each end with bathroom in middle that is shared. While very nice , I thought they were a bit high.....but the container is insanely high given its about half size of there's. Saying that, the interior (cabinets and shower) appears much higher class

Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Ain't no way I would pay 24k for that. It isn't that nice

Comment

Originally posted by HillCountryHoyt View Post
                I am not hiding anything! The cost is $24K. I am not selling or affiliated with them in any way. I was just curious what the GS would pay for them?
                I would not even consider it for a lease.

Comment

Originally posted by sports View Post
                  We have a 40 ft high cube we have finished out with bunk beds and kitchen area. Not anywhere near as fancy as posted by the op. I would never have an rv at camp again. Those containers are solid.... No bugs or mice. No worries about roof leaks or hail damage. If we move it will cost us several hundred bucks to move it. Probably about what you would spend my new tires and lights and license to move an rv
                  OK...but would spend $24K for the container? If you did yourself, I am sure you paid far less right?

Comment

OK...consensus is that they are nice, but not $24K nice. Part of the question that has not been answered is:

What would you pay for something like that?

Comment

Cargo Camp

Originally posted by HillCountryHoyt View Post
                      OK...consensus is that they are nice, but not $24K nice. Part of the question that has not been answered is:

What would you pay for something like that?

I would attempt to do it myself before buying.
                      That said I don't think TBH is the ideal demographic for those. Bunch fairly handy people on here.

If you're thinking about selling them, build one and see what you can get for it. A friend of mine builds and sells "tiny houses".
                      He built one on a trailer just to do it, he had so much interest by the time he was done, he decided to turn into a side business. A pretty good one at that.

Last edited by Sparkles; 09-19-2016, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Square One Containers in Houston sells these. I have one a 40' High Cube. Sleeps 6 it is nice & can get it cold enough to hang meat. Very secure like a large gun vault.
                        Last edited by TexasTK; 09-19-2016, 07:28 AM.

Comment

I need on of those but not for 24 k

Comment

Not interested for $24k.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                              Square One Containers in Houston sells these. I have one a 40' High Cube. Sleeps 6 it is nice & can get it cold enough to hang meat. Very secure like a large gun vault.
                              Ernie is a good dude and builds a great product

Comment

the containers are cheap relatively speaking. You can find them for $2k or slightly more. we had a couple 40' on a ranch I used to guide for that we stored equipment in. We used a dozer to move them around. the 20' boxes aren't that bad to load and move, just call a winch truck, few hundred bucks and its done. they are very secure and will last forever. if you are looking for a deer lease camp only I'd say they are hard to beat but $24k is way high in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X