Hunting in Maine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting in Maine

Can anyone give info on this. Tried looking at their website ,but didn’t have much luck. Out of state liscence fee,lottery, just curious how it works. Any info from somebody that hunts there will be appreciated. Looks like I might have a free ride there and access to hunt private property.

Sweet
    What are you hunting?

Comment

I'd be interested to hear more about maine as well, I've been looking on and off at buying a small place up there and using it for bear and grouse hunting..... land there is very beautiful and cheap.

Comment

Not really sure what we our hunting. I’m down with whatever. So I was just told how much the trip would cost and they’d cook what we kill. Don’t think it’s just aimed towards hunting. But I know it’s really hard to hunt in some states. Just looking for info

Comment

http://www.maine.gov/ifw/hunting-tra...g-license.html

Nonresidents
          Big Game Hunting (16 and older) $115.00
          Combination Hunting & Fishing (16 and older) $150.00
          Small Game* Hunting (16 and older) $75.00
          3-Day Small Game* Hunting (valid for 3 consecutive days) $50.00
          Junior Hunting (0 to 15 years) $35.00
          Archery Hunting (16 and older) $75.00
          6-Day Archery Hunting $26.00
          Last edited by TxnRunner; 12-02-2017, 01:26 AM.

Comment

here's one to be aware of when you're up there:

Possession of hunting equipment on Sunday:

Possession of hunting equipment in the fields and forests or on the waters or ice of this state on Sunday is prima facie evidence of a violation of Sunday hunting law, unless the equipment is securely wrapped in a complete cover, fastened in a case, or carried in at least two separate pieces in such a way that it cannot be fired without the pieces being joined together (for the purpose of this paragraph, a firearm clip, magazine, or cylinder is not considered a "piece").

Bows and arrows must be kept in a case or cover if broadheads or field points are kept attached to the arrows.

Exception: A person may possess hunting equipment on Sunday for legitimate activities such as target practice, sighting in rifles, etc.

Comment

Not really sure what we our hunting. I’m down with whatever. So I was just told how much the trip would cost and they’d cook what we kill. Don’t think it’s just aimed towards hunting. But I know it’s really hard to hunt in some states. Just looking for info

Comment

Got any lobster traps laying around?lol

Comment

So I lived there and my wife is from Maine. It's not hard to hunt for deer in ME at all. Mostly public land and plenty of game. What town or city are you going to? Where are you flying into?

Comment

And when are you going?

Comment

I've hunted moose there before. My brother in law is from maine and his dad drew a cow tag one year. You were allowed to designate another shooter with your license and he put me down. We saw 8 bulls and no cows.

Non-resident moose tags are tough to get. I applied for several years and gave up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Its beautiful country for sure. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer View Post
                          I've hunted moose there before. My brother in law is from maine and his dad drew a cow tag one year. You were allowed to designate another shooter with your license and he put me down. We saw 8 bulls and no cows.

Non-resident moose tags are tough to get. I applied for several years and gave up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang hate to hear about NR tags.
                          I was doing the same thing in Alaska for moose in a particular unit but thinking about ceasing my efforts

Comment

Ive hunted bear in Maine. Around pleasant river. Beautiful country.but I spent 5 days in this area and never saw a bear or deer. Some areas in Maine have good deer populations. Not all of it. The locals I spoke to might kill one every few years.
                            I did see moose, but they are off limits unless you get drawn.

Comment

I always thought it would be cool to hunt there, until I saw a few episodes of Northwoods law. With those boys you are guilty until you prove you are innocent. I saw one episode where the warden just walked up a nocked on the blind wile the guy was hunting.

Comment

Working...
                              X