Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evac zone increased to 7 miles.

Comment

Butadiene is really bad stuff. Even the inhalation hazards are extreme. TPC deals with some very risky products. And, if they still make and store MTBE this could turn into a real nightmare. Prayers for all involved. I deal with almost all of these products on a regular basis. Most folks have no clue how dangerous it is behind those chain link fences.

Comment

I live in Winnie you can smell it. concerned with the wind direction over night. Live videos didnt look good

Comment

Originally posted by Medina19 View Post
          I live in Winnie you can smell it. concerned with the wind direction over night. Live videos didnt look good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Medina19 View Post
            I'd get out if you can smell it.. when the wind shifts out of the south my family is leaving ..

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
              Evac zone increased to 7 miles.
              That’s getting bad. The wind direction is good for now, but looks like it is going to shift and move more out of the south by Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                If those tanks are butadiene, and they blow, yes. Bad bad.
                This.......butadiene explosions are no bueno when it comes to pressures.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  Vapor will light off and burn big but it won't have that much power/force behind it.. It won't pop with that much force.. That blast had the blast force a big bomb..
                  Very characteristic of butadiene unfortunately. Very volatile compound when it explodes.

Comment

Got the busted windows and doors boarded right when today's explosion happened (the tower rocketing in the air).

We own multiple homes so everyone is here in Mont Belvieu and safe. I could care less about the house and its contents honestly. It's just stuff that can be replaced by TPC , State Farm or whoever.

Comment

Prayer's for all.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                        They just pulled our firebrgade out of the area.. it's too unstable . They have as much water on stuff to keep it cool as possible.. co worker just called and said they watched a 50 ft section on tower take off like a rocket and land in the tank farm
                        Who do you work for. I was over there all day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cwd500 View Post
                          Who do you work for. I was over there all day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                          I work For Huntsman.. I'm not on firebrgade though..

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
                            This is crazy. My Father in law works at Lion Elastomers supposedly right next door. They are thankfully all out of town for thanksgiving but I bet he doesn’t have a job.
                            I started work out of college about 15 years ago at that elastomers plant. It’s changed names multiple times since then though.

I live in in Little Cypress and could hear the second explosion about 1:45 today. Prayers up for all affected. A BLEVE isn’t something anyone wants to experience, hopefully they can keep the fires at bay and the spheres cool enough.

Comment

Not goid

Comment

Williams is allegedly on site with foam now. Hope that’s true.

Comment

Working...
                                X