Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the stupid highway signs?

Guardrail Damage Ahead:

Okay, well dang. I was gonna hit that one but somebody already beat me to it. Maybe I can get the next one.

Pass With Care:

Well crap. I was just going to pass grandma going up this hill but now I'll have to wait.

Loose Gravel:

That's it. I'm turning around and finding a road with tight gravel.

This Road May Flood

Yea, but it may not. And it's not flooded now. What to do, what to do.

What's the purpose of these signs other than some politicians brother-in-law is in the sign making business.

I have always wonder these same things, in for an answer. Especially the guardrail damage one, what am I supposed to do with that information?

Comment

haha I've always asked myself why the heck they put up the guardrail damage signs.

I especially like the signs which some states have about running over construction workers.

"To avoid a $2000 fine please do not run over our construction workers"

lol I'm sure those guys feel great knowing the state values there life so much that someone will get fined a couple of grand if they get run over.

Comment

I still laugh when I see how TXDOT fixes most things: they run up and put a cone next to it. There, fixed. Off to the next one.

Comment

Some idiot filed suit because they weren't there.

And won.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
            I have always wonder these same things, in for an answer. Especially the guardrail damage one, what am I supposed to do with that information?
            That’s really the main one I have always wondered about. Cause it has no effect on me driving down the road.

The pass with care and loose gravel, I can see why it’s there but common sense trumps that anyway.

Comment

New Mexico has spots where every change in the striping is marked with either a Do Not Pass or Pass With Care sign. Definitely a BIL deal, knowing the politics of that state.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                pass with care, of course!

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                  haha I've always asked myself why the heck they put up the guardrail damage signs.

I especially like the signs which some states have about running over construction workers.

"To avoid a $2000 fine please do not run over our construction workers"

lol I'm sure those guys feel great knowing the state values there life so much that someone will get fined a couple of grand if they get run over.
                  Exchange rate puts that right around 38,000 pesos. j/k

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                    New Mexico has spots where every change in the striping is marked with either a Do Not Pass or Pass With Care sign. Definitely a BIL deal, knowing the politics of that state.
                    The stretch between Huntington and Zavala used to be like that when I was a kid

Comment

I like "Hitchhikers May Be Escaped Inmates"

Comment

In Montana where there are dangerous curves on long stretches there are no warning signs. At least not in a particular area in the southeast part of the state. Yet, I had no problem knowing to slow down and respond to changes in a careful manner. Never had any issues.

Comment

Thank your local DB attorney.

Comment

Not a sign issue but what is up w the safe zones in New Mexico ?
                            Those areas drive me crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                              In Montana where there are dangerous curves on long stretches there are no warning signs. At least not in a particular area in the southeast part of the state. Yet, I had no problem knowing to slow down and respond to changes in a careful manner. Never had any issues.
                              No signs and no guardrails

Comment

Working...
                              X