What do you do with your backpack when you climb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you install a hook or strap it to the tree? Really struggling with where to put it when I get up high.

I screw a hook in.

Comment

Use a hook, or cut off a nearby limb but leave a stub long enough to hang my pack on.

Comment

Depends on type of stand. Ladder stand with arm rests, I’ll attach an S hook on the arm and hang it there. I can reach into my pack easily there. Screw in hook at times too.

Skinny

Comment

Large carabiner. It's useful on many occasions.

Detail: On a shoulder strap, it will secure the strap around a branch.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
            Large carabiner. It's useful on many occasions.

Detail: On a shoulder strap, it will secure the strap around a branch.

This is what I have. I also use a hook screwed into the tree to hang it on

Comment

I hang it on a screw in step around the back side of my trees. Also keep a haul line in the pack in case I want to lower it to the ground, but I usually don't use the line much anymore.

Comment

screw in hook, buy a bunch of them at the end of season and leave them in the tree I'm using.

Comment

I use a “Bow Bat” by GamePlan and wrap it around the tree then lean my back against it.

Comment

Another hook user. When I'm climbing, depending on what is in the pack I'll either pull it up on a haul line, or pack it up. This weekend, Hagerman with a full day supply of food, pull it up.
                    Last edited by Razorback01; 11-12-2018, 01:21 PM. Reason: added comment

Comment

I have 4-6 types and sizes of hooks in my pack when I hunt areas with my climber . A hook for my bow, one for the pack , one for my quiver if needed .. hooks are light weight not a big deal . type of tree etc .. SOme times you need a hook other times the double finger style . what ever works better to have one than drop you pack or bow out of the tree . Also extra release HA HA Dropped mine last trip in CO instead of having to climb back down ( climbing tree stand I just grabbed my extra )

Comment

I just got this for my climber and works well. I keep the gun holder attachments off for bow season and just have the hooks to hold the bag. Public land I hunt you can't screw into trees.

Attached Files

Comment

Hang mine on a hook positioned where the bottom of the pack will rest on the top bar of my climbing stick at the house
                          Another stand I just lay it on a big limb that is about chest high when I am standing and behind my left shoulder

When I climb in my stand the pack is on my back

Comment

Cheapest screw in hooks, install and leave there.

Comment

Thanks, I've got some hooks to throw in the pack.

Comment

Working...
                              X