Almost at the end of my rope.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost at the end of my rope.

Y'all know that about a month ago I had to get another truck. Due to financial difficulties, I had to pull money out of my 401k. Bought a 2013 Silverado that I have really been liking...... until yesterday morning. Check engine light came on. P0446. EVAP System. I'm so tired of everything going wrong. Had to peg out a credit card for a lawn mower a couple of weeks ago too. It's one thing after a frickin nother. I'm not sure how much longer I can take this ****. Sorry for the rant. This is getting old quick.

Sorry bout your troubles... mine came on this morning too...i have not a slightest clue as to what mine is though. Hope everything works out for you.

Comment

Makes a person wonder if the previous owner of the pickup had issues with the same problem.

Comment

Sorry brother. This might help.
        This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) tests the Evaporative Emission (EVAP) system for a restricted or blocked EVAP vent path that would cause excess amounts

Comment

My Toyota light comes on occasionally...knowing that it has something to do with emissions and knowing that I live in a place that does not require emission tests, I simply turn the light off and go on my merry way.

Don't know if Allen is in the land of mandated passing of emissions, but if not, it's an idea.

Comment

Tie a knot and hang on! Nothing lasts forever.

Comment

Could be just a loose gas cap not sealing the tank or one of the solinoides on the evap canister is bad.

Comment

Check gas cap first, there could also be a hose loose from the evap canister, my 09 ram did that and one of the hoses to the canister was loose. Put it back and code went away.

Comment

“Tough times don’t last, Tough people do”

Let me know if you need any help

Comment

Keep fighting! I had about a 5yr stretch where nothing went well. Makes normal, non-exciting, life that much more enjoyable.

Comment

Google & youtube search the code. I seem to remember having that same code on my 2010. There is a filter box that sits on top of transmission (follow line from fuel tank area). Box can be opened and the filter media can be vacuumed. This cleared my code.

I also had a similar code due to the fuel filler breather tube becoming clogged. Have you had issues filling the gas tank? Caused by driving on too many dusty roads, also know as using a truck as a truck.
                      Last edited by Grand Passage; 10-17-2018, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Look at the bright side at a point there is only one direction to go and that's up. Have had a rough one this year too. Mother in law passed and two days before funeral I fall and shattered my wrist. Still have a plate and two pins that will be removed in a couple weeks but killed my bow shooting and hunting season this year. Son diagnosed with cancer and not operable at this time. Had his first round of chemo last Thursday. Keep your chin up the sun will rise tomorrow.

Comment

Give it to god he has the strength to get you through anything. Everyone goes through hard times and if it wasn’t for those hard times we would not appreciate the good times. Stay strong and lean on god and your family your never alone in anything you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dig your feet in took your head in and ride out the storm seasons come an go. Prayers things start turning soon for ya.

Comment

SO evap is gas cap or pump or filter . or you have a hole in a line . the system is nothing special all if does is suck vapors from the fuel in a charcoal canister . gas cap must hold vacuum as well . In your inspection they test the cap only , but its not the end of the world .

But since that is an emission item it may be covered for 8/80 or 10/100 dealers will not tell you this but it may be still under factory warranty . here is the kit its not a huge cost , leaving the fuel cap loose will trigger it as well as the unit never sees the tank going under vacuum

Comment

Working...
                              X