Crossbow for women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossbow for women

First of all I am bow hunter first and foremost, but looking for a crossbow for my 5’2 wife. She has a hard time pulling the weight needed to shoot a bow (bad shoulder). I have never shot a crossbow or know anything about them. Just wanted a direction to go to get started. Don’t want to spend a ton, but could do around 6 to 7 hundred on one plus the goodies

Wicked Ridge Invader is a decent unit. It’s heavy. But has AcuDraw to help with cocking.
    Anything TenPoint and Excalibur is good. But they can get pricey.

Comment

Centerpoint sniper is $300 or less and had dang good reviews. Look into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post

This. I bought one for wife this year. For the money you cant beat it. She has never bow hunted and is 2 for 2 with it since opening weekend. A hog and a deer. My wife can't pull it back though. It is 175lb draw. I cock it for her before she heads out. Most if not all have a dry fire mechanism that wont fire or come off of saftey unless an arrow is loaded.

Comment

I'm much in the same boat as your wife in that shoulder injuries have prevented me from bow hunting with all but a crossbow. I shoot a Killer Instinct KI-350 compound crossbow, but I would recommend getting your wife a recurve crossbow - specifically, something from the Excalibur line. You should make sure whatever crossbow you get her to make sure it will take a crank cocking device. You'll want to make sure she has a good scope on her crossbow as she'll only get one shot at her prey. Best of luck.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

I have a ten point titan extreme with the crank draw system. My 5 foot 2 wife and my 12 year old son can both cock and shoot it safely and easily. They both can hit a quarter at 30 yards with it on a Caldwell shooting rest as well.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
              This. I bought one for wife this year. For the money you cant beat it. She has never bow hunted and is 2 for 2 with it since opening weekend. A hog and a deer. My wife can't pull it back though. It is 175lb draw. I cock it for her before she heads out. Most if not all have a dry fire mechanism that wont fire or come off of saftey unless an arrow is loaded.
              This !!
              Spend a few dollars and buy some good arrows. Look at crossbow nation forum.

Comment

Check out the ten point titan ss. Adjustable stock and very accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
                  This !!
                  Spend a few dollars and buy some good arrows. Look at crossbow nation forum.
                  I bought her carbon xpress pile driver bolts and they shoot lights out. The cheap scope that comes with them aint bad either for a $300 crossbow.

Comment

I believe you’re right. It shouldn’t fire without a bolt.

I bought some better bolts for it and it shoots great groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
                      I'm much in the same boat as your wife in that shoulder injuries have prevented me from bow hunting with all but a crossbow. I shoot a Killer Instinct KI-350 compound crossbow, but I would recommend getting your wife a recurve crossbow - specifically, something from the Excalibur line. You should make sure whatever crossbow you get her to make sure it will take a crank cocking device. You'll want to make sure she has a good scope on her crossbow as she'll only get one shot at her prey. Best of luck.

Regards,

Dave
                      I have one of these and use a rope cocking device, works well and not hard to get cocked and ready to fire.

Comment

I have a Parker and it is a tack driver with a short frame.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post

This is what I bought for my 5’ wife. I have cock it for her also. Very good, affordable crossbow. Academy has them

Comment

I thought all crossbows were for women��

Comment

X2 on the Parker crossbows. Very accurate and a great warranty. I have the Blackhawk which is very compact, and easy to cock. You’re required to use the Parker, or Red Hot bolts to stay within warranty, but I’ve had great results with both. I use the NAP Spitfire Max broadheads with it which has worked out really well for me over the last couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                              X