Breckenridge and Estes Park getaway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flying up Friday morning for 4 days. Staying in Breck and planning on driving up through grand lake to estes park.

What are some must do's, places to eat, and activities, or places to go.

This will just be my wife and I and our first time to Colorado.

Thanks,

Plan on spending several hours in Rocky Mtn National Park. It's worth it. Lots of trails to hike, or you can literally just drive for hours checking out all the wildlife.

Comment

Your wife will love Breckenridge. Lots of shops to walk to.

Comment

The estes side is where you will see most of your elk if you are interested in seeing some Gooden’s.

There’s a 6x6 that hangs in moraine park that’s a straight road.

Comment

we plan on driving up and over to estes very early in the morning to see the elk...hopefully catch some bulls bugling

Comment

guided fly fishing with The Colorado Angler out of Silverthorne.

Comment

Do the horse back ride through the Rocky’s

Comment

Originally posted by mfarmer View Post
                guided fly fishing with The Colorado Angler out of Silverthorne.
                You will see awesome scenery from the river (do a float trip in the float boat). Even if your wife doesn't fish, she will enjoy it. You stop along the river and have lunch. I think we floated a total of 14 miles when we went in June.

Comment

The Grand Lake entrance is my favorite, way less crowded and better odds at seeing Moose. I’d skip the busier places in the park (Bear Lake) and do some hiking on the west side. Lots of great animals up there, you’ll definitely see plenty of elk. A horse back trip would be great if that’s something y’all are into. I’ll be in Estes and RMNP again Friday, maybe I’ll see ya there.

This was from last week:

Comment

Thanks for all of the ideas. Going to try to get a itinerary together!

Comment

Here he is in velvet

Comment

Do the vail pass bike ride. Crazy pretty. Rent the bikes in Frisco and they will drop you off at the top of Pass. 14 miles down hill.

Comment

We Just got back from Breck last week. Also, get a crepe on Main Street.

Comment

We’re heading up next week! Go check it out and let me know what I need to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2849.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	24551341

You could climb Long's Peak (14,259') like my son in law did last week.

Comment

Working...
                              X