Recommend me a new heavier arrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend me a new heavier arrow

I’ve been shooting Beman ICS hunters but I want to shoot a heavier arrow this year to get a little more KE. My intention was to shoot carbon express piledrivers but I see they have discontinued them. My setup is Elite hunter 65 lbs @ 26”. Either Rage hypodermics or NAP Killzone’s have not decided on that yet.

I'm sure there are several choices but I've been happy with the Gold Tip system with insert weights. Now shooting over 450gr. with 100gr Rage heads. Noticed full pass throughs on larger pigs that my last set up a little under 400gr couldn't do. No noticeable adjustment required with my sights 30yrds and under either.
    Last edited by Notaguide; 08-05-2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

How heavy you wanting? I have been shooting gold tip platinum pierce arrows. My heavy arrows weigh 550 grains all in. You can add weight to the back of the insert to get heavier. You could always go up in spine and add brass inserts. Not hard to get up to 600 grains. For overall hunting I usually shoot 425-450 grains.

Comment

I shoot Aftermath 300's in both my bows. 10.2 gpi, and reasonably priced. Or you could go with the FMJ's.
        Last edited by softpoint; 08-05-2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
          I shoot Aftermath 300's in both my bows. 10.2 gpi, and reasonably priced. IOr you could go with the FMJ's
          Never seen anyone else shoot these. I love mine. Never had a problem and they're pretty cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
            How heavy you wanting? I have been shooting gold tip platinum pierce arrows. My heavy arrows weigh 550 grains all in. You can add weight to the back of the insert to get heavier. You could always go up in spine and add brass inserts. Not hard to get up to 600 grains. For overall hunting I usually shoot 425-450 grains.
            Somewhere in that 425-450 grain range. Right now my setup is more 350ish.

Comment

Easton Fmj or Carbon Express Maxima Red SD

Comment

You could go with an Easton axis 400 with a brass insert and get around that number I think. My old axis 330’s cut at 28-28.5 inches with a standard insert would weigh 415-425.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Would I benefit any bumping up to a 125 gr broadhead? I’ve been shooting 100 gr.

Comment

Goldtip kinetic. Been shooting them for a few years. Seem tough and get pass throughs most of the time. Shooting 70lb at 26” tipped with slick trick mag or viper trick.

Comment

Originally posted by NoFence View Post
                      Never seen anyone else shoot these. I love mine. Never had a problem and they're pretty cheap.
                      I've been shooting them 4 years now. trimmed to the length I shoot them, with 100 grain heads they weigh 434 grains. Plenty for what I do. Bow draw is 84 lb.

Comment

350 spine Black Eagle Rampage with the included 56 gr outsert. 125 grain Killzones. Best setup I’ve shot for quiet and penetration.[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
                          I've been shooting them 4 years now. trimmed to the length I shoot them, with 100 grain heads they weigh 434 grains. Plenty for what I do. Bow draw is 84 lb.
                          just curious, why are you shooting 84# and only a 434 grain arrow?

Comment

Sooo...I'm a PileDriver guy and I'm somewhat confused about this "discontinuation". I was on the CarbonExpress/Feradyne website today and it showed they were still available. I know that when I started using the PileDriver series with my crossbow before I was a vertical fan, there were different versions of the PileDriver. There was the PileDriver and the PileDriver Hunter DS. The PileDriver DS is what I currently use. They switched to the dual spine. I'm going to be super bummed if they discontinue the series altogether. Chalk it up to circumstances, luck, or less than a dozen (10 with half being good sized Axis) deer sample-size, but I have never had a deer go more that 30 yards. I know this isn't average, but it has made me as close to superstitious as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by NoFence View Post
                              good arrows, I sold a lot of them with lots of repeat purchases,,, when I finish off my axis arrows I probably will switch to them myself

Comment

Working...
                              X