Does anyone squirrel hunt anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone squirrel hunt anymore?

I was raised up huntin squirrels with a 22 Browning auto....They can be pretty good eatin....

Yep every year... We make sure to kill enought for squirrel and dumplins all year.

Comment

I keep threatening to get even with the varmits.......but they are still ahead of me.

Comment

Every year. I got a couple in the freezer now that I need to cook.

Comment

I know a few fellas that still hunt the bushy tails..not any young folks....I used to visit an older man's camp during deer season....He and his brother always had some fried up....They always offered me some if we played 42....

Comment

Not any more. I'm to lazy to clean them.

Comment

I would if my wife liked to eat them.

Comment

Been hard to find a good squirrel hunt last few years.

Comment

really big up north, I grew up squirrel hunting, rate up there with dove hunting in my book

.22 makes a mess of pictures but you don't have to worry about biting down on any lead or tearing up any meat.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yep love to squirrel hunt, went yesterday actually! Got my wife going with me now, she really enjoys it to.

Comment

Originally posted by meshmover67 View Post
                      really big up north, I grew up squirrel hunting, rate up there with dove hunting in my book

.22 makes a mess of pictures but you don't have to worry about biting down on any lead or tearing up any meat.
                      That's what I'm talkin bout!

Comment

Love squirrel hunting.

Mama still makes the best squirrel dumplins.

Comment

Originally posted by Keg View Post
                          I know a few fellas that still hunt the bushy tails..not any young folks....I used to visit an older man's camp during deer season....He and his brother always had some fried up....They always offered me some if we played 42....
                          Now watch out--you are getting a bit age-specific now! And, yes I do--I have access to several pecan bottoms and the landowners are happy for me to reduce the populations. Take one of my old vintage Remington bolt-action .22s, my chair, and my shooting sticks, go sit back against a big pecan before its light, and pick 'em off as they travel the limbs. My third most-favorite thing to do after bowhunting wtd and feral hogs.

Sometimes I get to do both in one hunt! And, in my county, no limit and no closed season!

Last edited by dustoffer; 12-17-2014, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I love squirrel hunting- it is how I got started hunting. My old man neighbor taught me how to clean and cook them in a crock pot, mmmm good.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                              Now watch out--you are getting a bit age-specific now! And, yes I do--I have access to several pecan bottoms and the landowners are happy for me to reduce the populations. Take one of my old vintage Remington bolt-action .22s, my chair, and my shooting sticks, go sit back against a big pecan before its light, and pick 'em off as they travel the limbs. My third most-favorite thing to do after bowhunting wtd and feral hogs.

Sometimes I get to do both in one hunt! And, in my county, no limit and no closed season!

Nice old Remington...is that a 511?

Comment

Working...
                              X