No announcement yet.

Evil Temptress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have heard of studies if you shoot a doe and she had buck fawns that the buck fawns will stay in the area. It said something about if the doe survives then they are run out of the area. I guess this helps to keep the inbreeding to a minimum. It also mentioned that a fawn over three months old can take care of itself.

Comment

Noooo-not about the kill. It's about my granddaughter bugging me with "When will the buck sticks be ready?"

Comment

Originally posted by rbsears View Post
        Shoot the fawn???? I guess that would solve your problem.
        I always keep brown shoe polish in the truck to covet the spots, looks better in the photos.

Comment

Likewise. I was trying to take a couple of culls this weekend...a doe or cull buck. Only had one day to hunt. Had a beautifull 12 point hoss in front of me and some young bucks, but no culls. Dang doe with still spotted fawn kept coming in, and I passed. I just could not get myself to shoot with the young fawn.

Finally, a long spike came in at the evening hunt. Meat.

Comment

Would you shoot her on the last day?

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
              Would you shoot her on the last day?
              I dont think so honestly. I have been in that place where I shot a doe that had no fawn with it. Well come to find out the fawn just didn't come out. When we found the doe, we had to run off the fawn and she followed us as we were dragging the doe. Sorry, call me soft or whatever you want. I ain't that mad at them. Yes that could happen again if the fawn isn't out but today the fawn was out so she got a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                I dont think so honestly. I have been in that place where I shot a doe that had no fawn with it. Well come to find out the fawn just didn't come out. When we found the doe, we had to run off the fawn and she followed us as we were dragging the doe. Sorry, call me soft or whatever you want. I ain't that mad at them. Yes that could happen again if the fawn isn't out but today the fawn was out so she got a pass.
                Then I'm all good with passing on her.. good luck on having a solo doe or spike come thru and you get a chance!!

Comment

It has never bothered me when I’m killing does. I was usually just doing it to keep the numbers right

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    It has never bothered me when I’m killing does. I was usually just doing it to keep the numbers right

Yep. And in reality you would probably be better off shooting the fawn if you knew for sure it is a doe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                    X