Opening day all day sits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
    Is anyone planning to sit all day next Saturday? I have a variety of bucks coming in a variety of times. No real pattern except a few that are in every evening. So I’m still thinking about an all day sit.
    All day sits are a beat down mentally. I do it often in Kansas and occasionally in the bottom I hunt here. Be cautious, because on calm,damp days, your scent will pool around the area and make mature bucks very wary for a long time.

Comment

I definitely have no desire to sit all day in a stand!! I go to the lease to enjoy myself. If I kill a deer it is a bonus, but I have a great time whether I do or not. I know that I will kill a couple sometime during the season.

Comment

Almost every time out I stay in the woods until 2 or 3 pm, sometimes until dark

If I hunted from a blind..... no way would I be able to make it more than a couple hours

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
          Growing up in Tennessee all we did were all day hunts. Around noon, either my dad or I would walk to each other and have lunch while looking over our hunting area. I started hunting at 9 and by 12 I was responsible for finding my own tree and area to hunt within 100yds of dad. By 15 I was totally on my own with just a walkie to communicate with. We would still meet up for lunch in the woods, but all day in the woods was the norm. Daylight til dark.

This is how I learned to hunt. Meeting for lunch was the best part of the day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I plan to sit till 9 930 because I like breakfast and a after breakfast nap.

It’s a long season.

Comment

work til noon on Saturdays. Will head out about 4ish. No trail cams, just hand corn. Never know what'll show up. Plus its only like 5mins from my house to gate of property I hunt. I usually squeeze in a couple evening hunts during the day if winds right.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Maybe I misunderstood, are you hunting all day long waiting on a deer?
                Well shoot one of them and bring it in. Eat something, and go back out. I've done that several times. Sitting all day ain't killing all day.

Right now I haven't seen a deer worth getting out of bed for.

My question was more for curiosity sake. I don’t do all day sits often. I did it one time last year and didn’t see squat. My normal sits are pretty typical, sun up until about 1030 then I go back out about 3 until sundown.

Whatever happened to that double beam buck from last year you had pictures of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

only if I'm sitting on a beer cooler........mid day is for drinking

Comment

70 low
                    85 high
                    80% chance of rain the next nine days

I doubt it

Comment

If the cool front holds, I'll most likely sit all day Saturday. Pumped!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

No way! 10 at the longest

Comment

Working...
                        X