Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruger Predator 6.5 Creedmoor.......gotta see this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a muzzle brake they would recommend for this rifle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bump for some great info...I just picked up mine over the weekend

Comment

Nice shooting guys, great caliber

Comment

Picked up some Hornady Black ammo for $20 a box recently, mainly just for brass. Finally got to shoot it some yesterday. I was really pleased with it. It shot to virtually the same zero at 100 yards as my handloads (143 ELD-x at 2730), and was easily sub-MOA. Closest I could find to it in the Ballistics app was the Hornady American Gunner 140 BTHP at 2690. I was rushed for time and didn't put it through the chrono. That chart showed 5.13 MOA drop at 325. We have a 6" diamond gong set up at 340 yards. I dialed 21 clicks (5.25 MOA) and drilled it 8 straight shots, then my buddy hit it 4 of 4 in his first go at that distance ever. Pretty pleased with the load, especially at the price. I might go back today and actually run it through the chrono and shoot at 600 to see what it does.

Comment

What stock adjustments have you done? I shot mine for the first time today and it was okay. I did notice the stock was touching on the left side. I plan on shaving it down but curious to what other adjustments have been done other than buying a Boyd's

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
              What stock adjustments have you done? I shot mine for the first time today and it was okay. I did notice the stock was touching on the left side. I plan on shaving it down but curious to what other adjustments have been done other than buying a Boyd's
              I remember needing to trim for a proper fit in the "V" blocks. Not the stock but one of the metal blocks didn't actually fit and had to be filed down a bit.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I took my daughter hunting this weekend. She carried the youth model 243 and I carried the 308. I’ve got way more expensive of guns to hunt with and we carry these instead. I shot a pig at 320 yards and a coyote at 100. Fun to shoot, easy and confident. Hard to beat

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                  Picked up some Hornady Black ammo for $20 a box recently, mainly just for brass. Finally got to shoot it some yesterday. I was really pleased with it. It shot to virtually the same zero at 100 yards as my handloads (143 ELD-x at 2730), and was easily sub-MOA. Closest I could find to it in the Ballistics app was the Hornady American Gunner 140 BTHP at 2690. I was rushed for time and didn't put it through the chrono. That chart showed 5.13 MOA drop at 325. We have a 6" diamond gong set up at 340 yards. I dialed 21 clicks (5.25 MOA) and drilled it 8 straight shots, then my buddy hit it 4 of 4 in his first go at that distance ever. Pretty pleased with the load, especially at the price. I might go back today and actually run it through the chrono and shoot at 600 to see what it does.
                  Made it back out Friday in the snow to do some real shooting with this factory load. Chronograph average velocity was 2650ish. SD wasn't all that good, had a few outliers in the 12 rounds over the graph, some low some high. I think the low was near 2630 and the high was almost 2700. Had a 3 shot group of about 0.3".

Zero at 100, 1.5 minutes up at 200, 5.25 up at 300 and 5.75 up at 350, where we had the gong at. I think one of the hotter rounds got me there, I missed it just off the top edge, despite it feeling like a great shot. Other than that one miss, we both hit the gong every shot, about 25 rounds.

My buddy is taking the rifle and rounds with him to hunt this week, with the intentions of drilling a pig through the shoulders to see how that bullet performs. We have the youth hunt at Garner in a few weeks and I'd like to shoot this round IF the bullet works well.

Comment

Originally posted by T_Sebastian View Post
                    Finally got this one all put together. Hoping to get it on paper this weekend.
                    what stock is that? it's awesome!

Comment

lol......

Originally posted by AddisonOil View Post
                      You write like a girl!

I wish mine looked as good as his, my chicken scratch is non readable most days.... LOL

and by the way, nice shooting sir...

Comment

lol......

Originally posted by AddisonOil View Post
                        You write like a girl!

I wish mine looked as good as his, my chicken scratch is non readable most days.... LOL

Comment

Anyone running Leupold PRW medium rings on their RAP? Wanting to know the sight height with this setup. Just mounted a Nikon X1000 on my 6.5. Pretty impressed with the glass on this scope for the money. Thanks.

Comment

I’m looking for a Ruger American stock if someone has a take off stock that they don’t need anymore and would like to get off their workbench

Comment

Originally posted by mako235 View Post
                              I’m looking for a Ruger American stock if someone has a take off stock that they don’t need anymore and would like to get off their workbench
                              Ill have one whenever my other stock comes in. But no telling when that will be.

Comment

I have one that has some added weight and a kydex cheek piece.

Comment

Working...
                                X