Need a pork butt recipe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a pork butt recipe.

Ok here goes nothing. My parents said they had a friend who made a pork butt in the oven. Said it took like 8 hours or something. Anyone ever done this? And if so what marinade/rub did you use? Thanks

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
    Ok here goes nothing. My parents said they had a friend who made a pork butt in the oven. Said it took like 8 hours or something. Anyone ever done this? And if so what marinade/rub did you use? Thanks

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    That would be a pork roast

I usually do mine on the smoker and expect 12-18 hrs.

Occasionally I do one in the oven, but with a completely different dynamic in mind. If I cook a butt in the oven, it's served with mashed taters/rolls/gravy/etc/

Comment

Put in crockpot for 8 hours. Use Dr Pepper and spices with an onion or two. Easy breezy.

Comment

Might search the Recipe section here on the forum?

Comment

Yup. Crockpot, put on low which I guess would be about 10-12 hours until it falls apart. Add your favorite sauce and you have pulled pork. It will be good just not the smoke taste. I like the texjoy rubs but there is literally thousands to choose from.

Comment

Look up the recipe for "magic dust". Apply liberally to the shoulder.
            Put on the smoker for at least 3-4 hours, then if you'd like you can finish in the oven. Wrap it good in foil, put in a casserole dish or roasting pan and cook it on about 225 for 8-12 more hours, the longer the better for tenderness and true pulled-pork texture.

Comment

My wife likes to cook a pork butt in the crock pot. Liberal covering of cumin, garlic and oregano. She covers with 8 oz of green tomitillo salsa. Turns out spicy and really good

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

We do em in the crockpot too, you can add a packet of McCormick seasoning and let it run all day. We add a half cup of water to the pot when we start it.

Comment

Working...
                X