lien holder information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lien holder information

Long story but I bought a boat a few years ago, had the boat title transferred to me but never transferred the trailer title. Trying to sell the boat now but found out the trailer still has a lien on it. Been working with the original owner of the boat but we have been unable to find out who actually has the lien. We thought we had it figured out today through the company that released the lien on the boat but they said the vin of the trailer didn't match the vin they had for trailer. They also wouldn't provide the vin they had. Anyone know how to find out who the lien is with?

Is your boat insured? If so your insurance co may be able to located the owner of the lien for you.

Comment

Google Lawrence auto title and get a bonded title on the trailer and forget about it.

Comment

Just went through something similar, I contacted the lien holder and they sent the info confirming that the loan was paid it took a month or two but really wasn’t very hard

Comment

Originally posted by wes View Post
          Long story but I bought a boat a few years ago, had the boat title transferred to me but never transferred the trailer title. Trying to sell the boat now but found out the trailer still has a lien on it. Been working with the original owner of the boat but we have been unable to find out who actually has the lien. We thought we had it figured out today through the company that released the lien on the boat but they said the vin of the trailer didn't match the vin they had for trailer. They also wouldn't provide the vin they had. Anyone know how to find out who the lien is with?
          Confused.

How did you find out the trailer still has a lien on it? They should have been able to tell you who holds the lien. Texas Dept of Motor Vehicles should be able to run the trailer license plate and tell you.

Comment

Working...
          X