Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to buy UTV

Guys,
    I am looking to buy a new or used UTV. What are some things I need to watch out for? Who has the best deals. Basically anything you can tell me, I am all ears. I am leaning towards a Mule Pro FXT or maybe just the 4010. Anyone have a deal on a used one?

The mule has the best warranty in the business but I chose to get a can am. Only because I wanted the crew and the bed on the mule is to small. I didnt want to have to keep folding the seats up to make the bed bigger when I needed it. But all in all if that’s what you want you can’t go wrong with it. It an awesome machine.

Comment

I hauled Mule deer and whitetails w/ice chest in my mule pro bed this year with zero issues. it’s not really that small. Skip the 4010, and go with pro. With that said 2021 is suppose to be a new design so later in year my be some deals on guys upgrading

Comment

Yeah, the bed seems fine for what I do. Neighborhood cruiser and deer lease buggy

Comment

Cant go wrong with the fxt and would def get that over the 4010.
          Loved mine and had zero issues

Comment

Anyone looking to sell and pro fxt?

Comment

Mule Pro

Yes I am selling mine.

Last edited by Middy53; 05-19-2020, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Middy53 View Post
                Thanks, I will look it over

Comment

Be very careful buying used. I personally would only be interested in used if I knew the history.There are a few you can tell were ONLY used as hunting buggies and/or neighborhood buggies.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbrown50 View Post
                    Be very careful buying used. I personally would only be interested in used if I knew the history.There are a few you can tell were ONLY used as hunting buggies and/or neighborhood buggies.
                    What do I look at to tell this?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                      What do I look at to tell this?
                      That is the Million Dollar Question. I wouldn't say it is any 1 thing in particular, but instead a combination of things to look for. A stockish looking UTV with only hunting accessories would be a good start. A small lift and upgraded trail tires are okay but anything beyond that steer away from. Ask if it has ever been to any mud parks etc.

Even through all of the above its still a risk, there are pretty good deals on NEW ones out there right now including 0% financing I believe on CANAM.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbrown50 View Post
                        That is the Million Dollar Question. I wouldn't say it is any 1 thing in particular, but instead a combination of things to look for. A stockish looking UTV with only hunting accessories would be a good start. A small lift and upgraded trail tires are okay but anything beyond that steer away from. Ask if it has ever been to any mud parks etc.

Even through all of the above its still a risk, there are pretty good deals on NEW ones out there right now including 0% financing I believe on CANAM.
                        Got ya. Canam’s are very nice, my buddy just got one. But they are freaking long. I want to tow on my 12ft trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                          Cant go wrong with the fxt and would def get that over the 4010.
                          Loved mine and had zero issues
                          I agree. I have a friend with a FXT and another with a 4010 and there is no comparison between the two.

Comment

Got ya. Canam’s are very nice, my buddy just got one. But they are freaking long. I want to tow on my 12ft trailer.
                            Remove the fold up gate or convert your gate to fold in half where only the bed hangs off over the top of the gate.

Comment

I tow my Defender Max HD10 on a 12’ trailer with no issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X