Shipping Container Cabins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You want your storage able to fit a ranger crew for resale value IMO

With a 20’ you can still get two set of bunk beds. One set needs to be a pocket(either direction) next to bathroom, other can be on the other end

Comment

xcaliber container would be where I would look to get one. I'm still debating if I will get one or not for a cabin. Love it for the security aspect though!

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
        You want your storage able to fit a ranger crew for resale value IMO

With a 20’ you can still get two set of bunk beds. One set needs to be a pocket(either direction) next to bathroom, other can be on the other end
        thanks - I was doing 12' for my Kawasaki Mule - but it looks like a ranger crew is about 12.5' so 15' would probably cut it...

Comment

Many many years ago I posted on here looking for a place to dive hunt and someone offered up their place in S Texas. Can’t remember who the member was but we connected and I paid a fee to him and stayed a weekend at his place and they had a two container set up in a L shape with a covered patio in the middle area. They were nice and very secure. I always said I would go that route if I got a place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
            thanks - I was doing 12' for my Kawasaki Mule - but it looks like a ranger crew is about 12.5' so 15' would probably cut it...
            I double checked, 13’9 is what mine is. Fits my mule, Mahindra crew and Polaris.

I put recycled cabinets in there to up top also.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
              xcaliber container would be where I would look to get one. I'm still debating if I will get one or not for a cabin. Love it for the security aspect though!

This is where I bought mine. They did the ACs, door, spray foam, and electrical (with my design). We did the rest.

Comment

Def go with 40-45’ high cubes, cost a little more but well worth it.

Comment

This was after we completed most of the basic construction, we added a loft between the containers, a lean too for equipment off the back and leveled and fenced the front yard. Also added road base around. I’ll get updated pics this week sometime.

Comment

That is one heck of a set-up!

Comment

I watched a tv show last week about a couple that convert the shipping containers into homes. Those of you who are looking for ideas can probably get some from that show.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                        This was after we completed most of the basic construction, we added a loft between the containers, a lean too for equipment off the back and leveled and fenced the front yard. Also added road base around. I’ll get updated pics this week sometime.

That’s dang nice but if you were going to build a metal building why not just build out the rooms inside and avoid the size constraints of the 8’ wide containers?

Comment

Love these threads

Comment

I would just go with a portable building and then just finish out. You can find used buildings really cheap if you look around. My wife hated going to the lease when I had travel trailer, she told me get something nice with a lot of room. I went with a 14x34
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                              I would just go with a portable building and then just finish out. You can find used buildings really cheap if you look around. My wife hated going to the lease when I had travel trailer, she told me get something nice with a lot of room. I went with a 14x34

That’s slick! Do you have more pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post

X2. That’s awesome.
                                What’s the outside look like?

Comment

Working...
                                X