Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of north texas 3rd annual thread..second edition!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing good to report. None of us have seen much movement. A few pigs have been killed and that’s it.

Out of 6500 pics I bet 6200 were hogs. I’m disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a little trashy buck come by my tripod this morning. He licked a licking branch and urinated in a scrape about 7 yards from me. Came around and stood broadside, head down and eating corn, head hidden by bush like we've been taught, everything was perfect. Just the wrong deer. He wandered off never knowing it was his lucky day. Put the bow down. Looked one way, turned around and a bobcat was walking through the feeder pen. Disappointing result, but pretty cool experience.

Would really like for some sustained cold weather. Some rain would be nice. The rancher got everything planted. But the ground is so dry it's like powdered powder. Hard to drive in. Oh well...

Comment

This one tried to get me to kill him for an hour Friday, but there was a much bigger one back in the trees that just wouldn’t come in. I busted them yesterday walking in 40 yds from my tree, so I just dumped out my corn and eased out.

There were 3 bucks in the group, and they were starting to look pretty irritated with each other, but they fed around on my hand corn and acorns for an hour and never moved outside a 100yd circle. They just aren’t moving very far, and the ground is covered in acorns. Get down in the thick stuff boys...

I did see 6 deer on a corn row yesterday afternoon.

Comment

I still haven't been yet. Going out in 2 weeks.
          Had a coupla guys out this weekend. They saw 8-10 bucks so far. They will be there tomorrow. A young 125-30 and a 135-140 ish type were the biggest. They saw 10 or so does.
          Attached Files

Comment

Next Saturday won’t be too late to build a pen right? I wouldn’t be back to hunt until rifle opener. Pen would be approx. 8-9 panels as I already have a 2 strand barbed wire fence in place for cattle.

I’m thinking put up cattle panels on the back side and hog panels with a top barbed wire for cows on the front side closest to my ladder stand.

Decided I’m tired of hogs camping under my feeder at 6:00 AM and seeing no deer.

Comment

I don’t think it’s too late. I built my pen this year and has activity that evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
                Next Saturday won’t be too late to build a pen right? I wouldn’t be back to hunt until rifle opener. Pen would be approx. 8-9 panels as I already have a 2 strand barbed wire fence in place for cattle.

I’m thinking put up cattle panels on the back side and hog panels with a top barbed wire for cows on the front side closest to my ladder stand.

Decided I’m tired of hogs camping under my feeder at 6:00 AM and seeing no deer.

Never to late. I would do at least 12 panels. Do it right the first time and the bigger the better. Its a little more expensive but the deer will like it much better.

Comment

Been after this buck all season, just can’t meet up. We hunt southern Baylor county. He broke his right side off 4 days ago. Talking about your gut hurting after seeing this.

Comment

****! Already...

Comment

I finished my pens last week and deer were in them the first night. Also, my first pen was completed 2 weeks ago and during the week deer traffic was way up than before.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        ****! Already...

Last year they were rutting from October 1 on. It was really strange. Rubs scrapes every where. I haven't been out this year yet. None of our guys said have said anything about it. The bucks are still together from what they are seeing. Our place is weird though.

That was a super nice 8!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          ****! Already...

Yea I guess so, we found his horn outside of the feeder pen, there were 3 pictures in a row where you could see him fighting in the outside then he gets back in the pen and his horn was broke! We been watching him 4 years now

Comment

I've got several pictures of buck scraps in feeder pens from last weekend. I had a young buck work a scrape a few yards from me last weekend. If you're a horn rattler, nows the time.

Comment

****! I can’t believe that dudes already busted off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dang it, that was an awesome 8!!

Comment

Working...
                                X