Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Workplace horror stories.. Post them here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kck View Post
    I own a business with employees and there is horror at my workplace daily....done.
    lol

Comment

LOL.......We worked for an arse of a boss who was a control freak supreme. We put in for a weeks vacation to go hunting like a month in advance and never heard a word yea or nae on approval. We knew he wanted us to come in and beg for it but after decades of work there we decided not this time. Clocked out on Friday and didn't report back in until a week Monday. Aaaall kind of fireworks on our return. The man ran the business super lean business with little or no cross training between employees so there was no way he could fire us. To this day we are still laughing about it.

Comment

A lot of the incidents that have occurred at my places of employment have coincided with after-parties. Specifically parties after the company Christmas party.

Comment

Apparently adjusting one's self is controversial in the work place as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Passage View Post
            A lot of the incidents that have occurred at my places of employment have coincided with after-parties. Specifically parties after the company Christmas party.
            this.

Love my job, but I historically skip the Christmas party nonsense in favor of going hunting.

And this thread just reminds me how much I like my gig -- nearest boss is in Wisconsin, my only employee gained an Ozonics machine today as a bonus on his way out the door to go hunting for a week, as I get ready to leave and do the same thing for the next ten days or so.......

Office drama is for the birds!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              Apparently adjusting one's self is controversial in the work place as well.
              Lol. Horror for some people

Comment

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
                I worked at a place that had a small fabricating shop. Small number of staff, all of them were highly skilled and had worked with each other for several years. Two of the guys were best friends, and constantly playing practical jokes on each other. They had been repeatedly warned about their practical jokes, but because no one got hurt, and nothing was ever damaged, no one ever did more than tell the guys not to do it.

One day one of them had brought in the barrels (only) of an old double barreled shotgun he wanted to shorten using the shop's equipment. He cut off about a 6" inch section, and then got the idea to prank his friend. He waited until his friend was kneeling on the floor to do some work, and then put the cut-off barrels on his friend's work bench so it would be at eye level as soon as his friend turned around. He called out to his friend, who turned around and was literally eyeball to gun barrel with the cut-off shotgun barrel section. The victim immediately freaked out and peed, pooped, and vomited all over himself. The perpetrator started laughing, but quickly realized his friend was really traumatized by his prank.

We had to call EMS for the victim, and the perpetrator was immediately placed on unpaid leave pending the final outcome/investigation. The victim was truly traumatized and never returned to work. In fact, I don't think he ever even left his house until he died. The perpetrator was fired. No one won here. We lost 2 good workers, one guy ended up with severe mental/emotional trauma, the perpetrator lost his job and his best friend as a direct result of his actions. Yeah, that's one reason why I really enjoy practical jokes at the workplace.

Regards,

Dave
                For him to freak out that bad he had to be REAL fragile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                  I sent $14 million to the wrong recipient.
                  Can I send you my address?

Comment

Not really horror but I worked for a Chevy dealership in my early 20s and they hired a new guy.. Within weeks he was out selling the entire team and Im talking about expensive vehicles Suburbans, 2500 3500 trucks , SSR and etc. One of the sales came back as fraud from identity theft and when they began to investigate more than a dozen more vehicles came back as fraudulent applications identity theft and etc..

And then we learned the guy had been convicted of murder about 10 years prior

Comment

Really nice person, normal personality and such. Heck, I liked the guy.. used to ask him how he did so well

Comment

Originally posted by txtradesman View Post
                        Not really horror but I worked for a Chevy dealership in my early 20s and they hired a new guy.. Within weeks he was out selling the entire team and Im talking about expensive vehicles Suburbans, 2500 3500 trucks , SSR and etc. One of the sales came back as fraud from identity theft and when they began to investigate more than a dozen more vehicles came back as fraudulent applications identity theft and etc..

And then we learned the guy had been convicted of murder about 10 years prior

So he was killing his numbers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cubical and computer.

Comment

I’ve been in law enforcement for 12 years I got plenty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X