Kayak dealer in Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kayak dealer in Austin

I have finally decided on a couple models of kayaks to look at. The closest dealer to me for Nucanoe is in Austin and the shop is called Live Love Paddle. They are the only dealer for Nucanoe, ACK does not sell them. I would like to know if any of y'all have experience with them? I hate to drive up there and end up that the shop aint no good. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Radar; 02-08-2018, 06:55 AM.

I would suggest Austin canoe and kayak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

neverr heard of them i use ACK

Comment

I've dealt with ACK there awesome.

Comment

ACK does not sell Nucanoe, yes there is a ACK in San Antonio but they are not a dealer for Nucanoe

Comment

Before you buy one if you have not looked at Diablo Paddlesports I would. I don’t have one but got on one. I could easily stand and fish off it without feeling like I’m about to get wet. I have a Tarpon and a Cobra FnD and I can stand and fish on both but never feel comfortable.

Comment

A buddy of mine bought a Nucanoe from them and seemed happy. I don't think they are as fisherman focused as ACK. I bought my Nucanoe Frontier used during the drought when all the ramps were out of the water. The 12's are stable but also heavy, a relatively slow paddle, and have a high wind profile. I have mine rigged with a detachable trolling motor now and it fishes pretty good. I can stand, fish and run the foot controlled TM all at the same time. I've also fished two adults on it and its surprisingly stable. If starting over, I would probably bite the bullet and either get a Hobie PA or one of those microskiffs with an outboard, mainly due to an elbow injury that limits my paddling.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                Before you buy one if you have not looked at Diablo Paddlesports I would. I don’t have one but got on one. I could easily stand and fish off it without feeling like I’m about to get wet. I have a Tarpon and a Cobra FnD and I can stand and fish on both but never feel comfortable.
                Originally posted by kaizen View Post
                A buddy of mine bought a Nucanoe from them and seemed happy. I don't think they are as fisherman focused as ACK. I bought my Nucanoe Frontier used during the drought when all the ramps were out of the water. The 12's are stable but also heavy, a relatively slow paddle, and have a high wind profile. I have mine rigged with a detachable trolling motor now and it fishes pretty good. I can stand, fish and run the foot controlled TM all at the same time. I've also fished two adults on it and its surprisingly stable. If starting over, I would probably bite the bullet and either get a Hobie PA or one of those microskiffs with an outboard, mainly due to an elbow injury that limits my paddling.

Thanks fellas, this is the information I am looking for. My thoughts on the frontier is that the thing is made for fishing and probably not much else. There is some things I like and other I don’t. I figured it would be slow. I really wanted to look at it, and a couple others at ack. I will also check out the Diablo. I will use this for river fishing mostly and would also like to fly fish from it.
                Last edited by Radar; 02-08-2018, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                  I will use this for river fishing mostly and would also like to fly fish from it.
                  From what have been reading that is what the Diablo line is built for and ACK sells them too.

It's a whole new way to get out on the water... Inspired by the stability of stand-up paddleboards and the nimble maneuvering of kayaks, Diablo Paddlesports has developed a unique hybrid watercraft.

Comment

Yes I have been looking at several brands and models, I really just want to "kick the tires" at first. I will buy a kayak, I just want to buy it once.

Comment

Just my opinion but the Nucanoe only shines with a trolling motor.

If your planning on shallower rivers for fly fishing it sounds like you'd do better with something like the Jackson Coosa. It's one of the most stable river fishing yaks I've ever tried. It an take a beating and is set up for a drag chain.

Comment

You thought about the Hobie pro angler? I’ve got one I don’t use much

Comment

The NuCanoe Frontier is a great boat for rivers but a little harder paddling on big water. The seat on mine was horrible and I had to make a taller and sturdier one. It is also cheaper and lighter than the Diablos.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            You thought about the Hobie pro angler? I’ve got one I don’t use much
                            Can you pm a pic and some info on it?

Comment

Just sold a Nucanoe Frontier two weeks ago or you could have taken it out for a spin. As has been mentioned, Nucanoe frontier 12 is an extremely sturdy boat but was hard to paddle around in. The wind seemed to really catch it. I considered going with a trolling motor but did not want to do the whole registration thing. Out on lake amistad it was just not convenient to paddle around. I now have a hobbie pro angler and really like it. I believe austin kayak will be having there spring demo day soon. Look for the dates in San Antonio and/or Austin and go out and try as many kayaks as you can.

Comment

Working...
                              X