Best survival bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best survival bow

Looking at something that folds or comes apart and assembles easy. Want it to fit in a backpack to take on long hikes and go bag

Some brandsniv found are SAS Go Primal and TopArchery

Anyone have any experience with these or other bows that would suit my needs

Go primal first 2 photos

SAS second 2 photos

TopArchery last one

kronik by Diamond
    Last edited by TxKronik; 02-11-2018, 08:11 PM.

Tagged

Comment

I'd pack my Carbon Spyder. If I really need to kill something no way I'd rely on those.

Comment

Reviews and videos seem pretty good on these especially for shtf or in a survival pack while out hiking canoeing etc

kronik by Diamond

Comment

I would just use a regular take down hunting bow, or maybe an ILF bow. No way would I trust some stamped metal folding bow for survival. Having said that, I've never used one so they might be great, but they are fugly.

Comment

The SAS looks really cool. And it has storage for string and take down arrows. Seems like the most "packable" option.

Comment

They are definitely fugly

The only downside to the SAS is that because it has storage in the riser the riser is really wide might not be an issue but then again it might

kronik by Diamond

Comment

How well would a takedown bow hold up in a back country back pack on a long multi day hike?

kronik by Diamond

Comment

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
                  How well would a takedown bow hold up in a back country back pack on a long multi day hike?

kronik by Diamond

I have hauled a Black Widow take down all over the world.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	468.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	24530481

Comment

kronik by Diamond
                    This what they are built for. A takedown hunter is designed to be taken down, packed and then reassembled for the hunt. Riding in a backpack isn't going to hurt it, no more than a stamped metal riser would be hurt anyway.

Comment

Iv never shot a traditional bow what is a good takedown one I can get that's fairly simple to assemble in the field

kronik by Diamond

Comment

Iv never shot a traditional bow what is a good takedown one I can get that's fairly simple to assemble in the field

kronik by Diamond
                        Try Martin, but there are literally hundreds of bows out there that are takedown models. Samic probably being the least expensive and probably the best beginner. I only say Martin because my first takedown was a Martin Takedown Hunter; nostalgia and all...

In the field will require only an Allen Wrench and a stringer. Of course, you can always epoxy knobs to the limb bolts and learn to string it without a stringer for toolless filed assembly and disassembly.
                        Last edited by Rat; 02-12-2018, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                          I have hauled a Black Widow take down all over the world.
                          [ATTACH]896716[/ATTACH]
                          That you?
                          Cool boots!

Comment

I am not sure I buy into the survival bow idea, but if I did I would get a bear 76er

Comment

Working...
                            X