Tea Party - Still exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea Party - Still exist?

I'm not a huge political follower but until last few months, you couldn't go a day without hearing something about the Tea Party. The people rocking the Republican Party and telling em to get their butts in gear. Just wondering if I'm missing something but is that just a dead name now or where did it go?

They still exist but I believe they are so completely aghast at the Republican Party's candidate that they are speechless

Comment

Tea party is part of the problem with the GOP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Tea Party is not a cohesive group. There are some Trumpkins and some #nevertrumpers that have at one time or another identified as Tea Partiers. The main thing that unites them is an anti-establishment/anti-chamber-of-commerce sentiment (so immigration is an important issue).

So you can have the burn-it-downism of the Trumpidians and the return it to constitutionalism of Cruz and Rand Paul supporters all have a valid claim to the Tea Party moniker but have them not be able to stand in the same room with each other without coming to fisticuffs.

Comment

Another failed ideology.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            Another failed ideology.
            and what was that?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              and what was that?

That enough squawking would force the Republican Party to be accountable and make better decisions.

Comment

Anybody but Clinton......

Comment

Point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

they got invaded EARLY on as a group. Once the unhinged approaching radicals started to self identify and show up at rally's it was a slow downhill slide. Seems to happen on both sides of the aisle anytime something different comes on the scene. I had hoped they could have righted the ship but the in-fighting took the helm.............lo & behold they hit the rocks! Even the candidates they were instrumental in getting into congress and the senate are either falling by the wayside (Colonel Allen West) or being condemned by the RINO's that have tenure!

Comment

Yea those evil tea party people they were for less government
                      lower taxes etc and trying to hold the gop to their promises

Comment

I really really took offense at being called a tea bagger by the left wing loons so I changed my affiliation to constitutionalist. BTW, the Constitution Party is a legally recognized political party since 1992 whereas the Tea Party is not however they are basically one and the same from a philosophical stand point.

Comment

Working...
                        X