Starving strays @ protein fdr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starving strays @ protein fdr.

Seen these 2 dogs (there were 3) a couple weeks ago at the lease. Figgered they were dumped but looked relatively healthy (never had em on cams).
    The black one was actually kinda aggressive. Not scared of me at all.

Hunted the final hunt of the season and went home (they were near an old shed on the property when I left).

Didnt think much about em after leaving. Figgered they'd move on.

Well.... Me, the wife, & grandkids went up yesterday to fill the protein feeder.

They were in the pen eating corn when we pulled up to the feeder. Looked 1/2 their original body weight and neither so much as barked. They eased off about 50 yds and layed down.

Once we got the protein feeder filled we left. Before we made it back to the front gate my cam was already sending pics of them back in the pen.

They've been there on/off all day and last night. Eating what was spilled (rice bran pellets, mainly), and the slung corn.

Not a single deer/hog pic yet......

Maybe the varmint guards will keep em from emptying 450#s outta the feeder!

Hopefully they move on but it really ****** me off when folks dump animals.

Cruel way to go.......

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200127_223211.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	25203237

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
    Seen these 2 dogs (there were 3) a couple weeks ago at the lease. Figgered they were dumped but looked relatively healthy (never had em on cams).

The black one was actually kinda aggressive. Not scared of me at all.

Hunted the final hunt of the season and went home (they were near an old shed on the property when I left).

Didnt think much about em after leaving. Figgered they'd move on.

Well.... Me, the wife, & grandkids went up yesterday to fill the protein feeder.

They were in the pen eating corn when we pulled up to the feeder. Looked 1/2 their original body weight and neither so much as barked. They eased off about 50 yds and layed down.

Once we got the protein feeder filled we left. Before we made it back to the front gate my cam was already sending pics of them back in the pen.

They've been there on/off all day and last night. Eating what was spilled (rice bran pellets, mainly), and the slung corn.

Not a single deer/hog pic yet......

Maybe the varmint guards will keep em from emptying 450#s outta the feeder!

Hopefully they move on but it really ****** me off when folks dump animals.

Cruel way to go.......

[ATTACH]989749[/ATTACH]

I picked up some pups at my place feed them and gave them water. Started a thread for free pups and someone met me in Houston for a TBH Express. Kinda always wondered what happened to them after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Aggressive abandoned dogs =DRT

Comment

Starvin to death ain't no way for anything to go. If animal control won't come and pick them up I think we all know what's best.

People that dump animals off need beat with a sack of oranges. If you're gonna do that just shoot them and put them out of their misery because that's how they'll end up. Nothing deserves to starve.

Comment

I agree if you cant take them or know someone who will, do them the favor and save them from suffering. Its obvious they were someone's pets and not wild dogs or they wouldn't be starving, apparently them poor suckers don't even know how to hunt.

Comment

That red curr ain't a bad looking dog.

Comment

Gather them up and find homes for them....pretty easy to do. I've done it with puppies and even cats on this site. Guess I'm getting soft in my old age. Feral is one thing, abandoning house pets is another.

I'd like to cane the fugg out off animal dumpers!

Comment

Im not sure where you are located but i have a large dog trap you could use.

Comment

shoot them

Comment

Still at it.

I wont be going back up there for awhile.

And ain't making a special trip. Be near impossible to rehome, I'd bet.

They're still at it.....

Name:	Screenshot_20200128-074938_CovertWireless.jpg
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	24605717

Name:	Screenshot_20200128-074944_CovertWireless.jpg
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	24605718

Comment

[QUOTE=12ring;14669269]I wont be going back up there for awhile.

"And ain't making a special trip. Be near impossible to rehome, I'd bet."

Shoot the way the laws are now days your probably gonna have the feds by to pick you up for failure to render aid and animal cruelty... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        Gather them up and find homes for them....pretty easy to do. I've done it with puppies and even cats on this site. Guess I'm getting soft in my old age. Feral is one thing, abandoning house pets is another.

I'd like to cane the fugg out off animal dumpers!
                        This. Take them to a shelter, they'll find a home.

Comment

Working...
                        X